Anyone Use Cobasan To Stabilize Whipped Cream?

Decorating By Shasha2727 Updated 8 Aug 2015 , 8:37pm by Pastrybaglady

Shasha2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shasha2727 Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Bakers- Somewhere I read about a product called Cobasan that was to 'stabilize heavy cream for fillings and icings'. It comes from a premium commercial baking goods supplier in Germany but with no instructions, and I haven't found much on the internet. Paid $60 for a 1.3kg bottle, but don't know how to use it, and want to make about 9 cups stabilized whipped cream filling. I've had good luck using instant pudding mix with whipping cream for fillings, but it's flavored, and I'd like plain lightly sweetened whipped cream suitable for filling the center tier of a 3 tier cake. Plus, I don't want to waste this bottle of "Liquid Cream Thickening Agent", and hopefully not waste whipping cream experimenting on filling for a cake that will be a centerpiece at a function in a beautiful country club setting. It would be horrific to have something that fails my great customer in front of 100 guests.....Help? BTW, cake goes out Sunday. Worse case, I could always make vanilla....THANKS!

1 reply
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 2

Here's some conversation from RLB's board about it: http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/2412/#23637

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%