Freezing Butter?

Baking By steph995 Updated 5 Aug 2015 , 1:47pm by craftybanana2

steph995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph995 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 12:14am
post #1 of 7

I'm borrowing my friend's Sam's card and I'd like to stockpile butter since it is so much cheaper there than the grocery store.

I will be using it for baking and Swiss Meringue Buttercream in the upcoming months. Does anyone know if this will have any negative effects on the cakes or buttercream?  I will vacuum pack the butter before freezing.

Thank you in advance!

6 replies
Inga1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga1 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 12:23am
post #2 of 7

I always buy butter in bulk and freeze it. Never have special wrapped it. I do keep it it in a freezer that has nuts and flour, not meat, etc.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 1:03am
post #3 of 7

I freeze it often.  I buy those giant 3 gallon zip lock bags to store it in.  Freezes fine.

nikki1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1227 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 10:04am
post #4 of 7

I buy mine at Sam's as well, I just throw it in the freezer, still in the box and it comes out just fine!

DixieDooly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DixieDooly Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 10:45am
post #5 of 7

I freeze it all the time, no problems.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 7

This is something I always wondered about too. My thanks to everyone even though I never asked this question!!

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 7

Whenever there is a Buy-one-get-one at the store I buy lots and freeze! You just can't freeze things with high fat as long as other things (like veggies). Here is what the brand Organic Valley says about that:http://organicvalley.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56/~/can-i-freeze-butter%3F They say you can freeze butter up to a year! I think I need a separate freezer for when butter goes on sale again....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%