Stablized Whipped Cream Frosting

Decorating By flawless1 Updated 4 Aug 2015 , 5:55pm by flawless1

flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

I am new to baking. About four months ago I tried to make whipped cream frosting and it was a disaster....the frosting seperated when I put it on the cake. Since then I started frosting and decorating with crusting buttercream (which I love). I have to bake and frost a cake with whipped cream frosting by Saturday. Can someone please please give me a stablized whipped cream frosting? 

Thanks

6 replies
Honey6983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey6983 Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 7

Hey there! I don't have an exact recipe but I usually will dissolve a packet of gelatin in warm water (maybe 1/4 cup at most) and while the cream is whipping (after you've sweetened it, just as it's getting thick) slowly drizzle the completely dissolved gelatin in. This will make it a lot more stable and easy to pipe. Of course it still needs to be refrigerated but the chances of it breaking are a lot less. Good luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 7

strain your gelatin after you bloom it for best results -- you could sub in piping gel if you have any and skip the blooming and straining -- however properly whipped wc is very stable -- if you whip it too much it turns to butter right? so whip it till just before it turns to butter -- will not weep -- and an idea for you to get the hang of it: whip some all the way to butter so you have an understanding of where you want to go with it -- 

best to you

flawless1 Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks so much for responding  Honey6983 and K8memphis.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 4 Aug 2015 , 1:34am
post #5 of 7

I just use 1 cup of whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of piping gel, 2 tablespoons of 10X sugar and a little bit of vanilla extract.

Normally, I triple the above.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 4 Aug 2015 , 2:36am
post #6 of 7

I actually just used a stabilized whipped cream for the first time last week and it worked so well. I used the 'wilton' recipe but I tempered my gelatin with whipped cream before adding it to my cream - to temper the gelatin just add small amounts of whipped cream to it, stirring well between additions until it is the same temperature as your cream - then turn your beaters on and run a thin stream of the tempered gelatin into your bowl between the beater blades as you whip the cream.

It worked brilliantly on both my practice run and the batch I made for the cake. The batch that I made three days ago is still in the fridge as I made too much and it is holding up perfectly, I also piped basic decorations from the cream that held up perfectly as well :-)

flawless1 Posted 4 Aug 2015 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 7

Remnant3333 and bubs1stbirthday thanks so much for responding 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%