MychelleLashes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MychelleLashes Posted 24 Jul 2015 , 4:45am
post #1 of 5

Hello I'm looking for a great moist lemon cake.... Please SHARE 

4 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 24 Jul 2015 , 6:15am
post #2 of 5

Look for a lemon cake that uses yoghurt as one of it's ingredients. Of all the recipe's that I have tried, tested, adjusted etc when it comes to lemon cakes the yoghurt ones are the best.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Jul 2015 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 5

Here is a wonderful recipe I got from li'llbell (I think) from the Wilton forums about 13 years ago. Looks like Wilton deleted all of the forum posts from 2002 up to at least 2010 or so, so I am unable to verify to whom I should give credit.

Lemon Cake 

3 cups of cake flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened

2 1/2 cups white granulated sugar

5 large eggs

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice

zest of one lemon, finely grated

3/4 cup buttermilk

* If using salted butter, omit salt

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9" pans. Line pans with parchment paper.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, soften butter. Add sugar and cream mixture on about 6 (medium) for 8-10 minutes. Add eggs - one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down bowl frequently.  Add vanilla and zest and mix. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Beginning and ending with flour mixture - add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk and lemon juice - in thirds - scraping bowl down often. Beat on medium speed until well mixed but do not overmix. Pour into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out with moist crumbs - no wet batter. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Turn out and flip to crown side up. Cool completely before icing.

Lemon Icing

1/2 cup of egg whites (about the whites from 3 large eggs)

1 cup granulated sugar

1 pound of butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces

1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Method:

Make icing in a large stainless steel bowl over a pot filled with about 1 inch of simmering water( water that was boiled and is simmering). Place egg whites and sugar in bowl and use a wire whisk to beat mixture until hot to the touch- about 160F. Remove from heat and using a wire whisk attachment - beat on high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer until mixture is cool, thick and glossy and tripled in volume - about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium - about 6 and add butter - 1/4 cup at a time.. allowing about 5-10 seconds between additions. Add lemon juice and zest, continuing to beat until smooth and fluffy.

Note: if using fresh lemons -  estimate about 2 tablespoons of juice from one lemon - so you will need about 3-4 lemons for this recipe.

Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindasicings Posted 25 Jul 2015 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 5

Here is the one I like it's called Lemonade Cake and super easy and it is always a hit.

1 box DH Lemon Supreme Cake Mix

1 box instant lemon pudding

4 eggs

2/3 cup vegetable oil

1 cup lemonade 

Beat eggs, slowly beat in oil, mix in pudding, then 1/2 cake mix, then 1/2 lemonade, then rest of cake mix and rest of lemonade.

Beat on high 3 minutes.

Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%