Baby Shower Cake

Baking By Misa-chan Updated 27 Jul 2015 , 7:19pm by Misa-chan

Misa-chan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misa-chan Posted 21 Jul 2015 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

Hi there! 

My baby shower is next Saturday and to stop my mother from paying a small fortune on a cake, I want to bake it, which she (surprisingly) agreed! 

I used to bake a lot until I got pregnant, with gestational diabetes I have a strict diet. My doctor did give me permission to eat a small piece of cake for my friend's wedding and for my baby shower but that's about it.

I was thinking of doing an almond flavored care, dye the batter in a pink ombre pattern and then hopefully find a good buttercream recipe since fondant is way too much sugar. Problem is, my mother-in-law is Extremely picky. She will criticize if my water isn't cold enough when I poor her a glass :/ I love her though, she's not always like that. 

Would you ladies and gentlemen have fail proof, delicious recipes so I don't hear her or my mother complain about the cake?

Thank you so much! 

4 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 21 Jul 2015 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

I like swiss meringue buttercream. Less sugar than a powdered sugar-based frosting, as you primarily rely on the meringue and butter for the structure, not the sugar. I like a simple recipe, only about 4 ingredients, and easy as long as you take your time. Don't rush it. 

Misa-chan Posted 27 Jul 2015 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Brooke! 

Had to fight my mother-in-law to be able to bake my own cake :/ Managed to win though! Since we are only 14 people, I thought it would be more fun if I made it, then my mother can buy the cake she wants for the baptism at some point :) 

Is there a way to make the swiss meringue buttercream smooth? I bought one of those dough scrapper that I thought would work well in making the sides and top smooth, would that work?

I feel so bad for all my questions lol

goldwingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldwingmom Posted 27 Jul 2015 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 5

Yes that will work!

Misa-chan Posted 27 Jul 2015 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 5

Awesome!! :D 

I'll do my best to make it pretty and snap pictures of it! I'll also try to make it into a checkboard pattern inside :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%