Peanut Butter Chocolate Buttercream

Decorating By mquinnvt Updated 15 Jul 2015 , 5:56pm by julia1812

mquinnvt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mquinnvt Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hello!

I'm trying to recreate a frosting from a bakery that no longer makes it :( It was a chocolate buttercream with peanut butter mixed in. I've searched recipes all over the internet and tried with little success, I can never get mine as light as the original or it ends up way too sweet. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Meg

6 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

Was it an American or European buttercream? 

mquinnvt Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 7

You may have semi-answered my question. I've been making variations of American, and didn't even realize there were other methods...I'm still pretty new to it!! It was almost like a mousse, pretty light and fluffy, never got that hard crystallized frosting texture. 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 7

You may wish to try whipped chocolate ganache with added peanut butter and see if this gives you the result you're looking for. 

Stabilized whipped cream mixed with chocolate ganache and peanut butter would probably yield a lighter result. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 8:51am
post #5 of 7

Try swiss meringue adding chocolate ganache mixed with the peanut butter and if that's still too sweet try pureeing peanuts yourself.  Peanut butter has a lot of sugar in it.

mquinnvt Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much all! I'll try your suggestions and report back!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 7

Lol....was thinking it might be mousse or swiss meringue buttercream.  Good luck trying some recipes, hope you find what you're looking for. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%