How Long Will Filling Be Stable/ok To Eat?

Baking By claryd Updated 15 Jul 2015 , 8:52pm by claryd

claryd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claryd Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 1:23am
post #1 of 4

I would like to use 2boysmom's  raspberry cream filling of 8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz. cool whip, and 15 oz. raspberry filling. My question is: if I refrigerate the cake overnight, and transport at 9 am, will the cake be stable/ok to eat by 1:30 pm that afternoon? I've not used this filling before (usually use Bettercream but want something more creamy) so I'm totally lost as to the stability of it. Thanks so much!!

3 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 9:50am
post #2 of 4

Cream cheese requires refrigeration unless there is enough sugar in it to preserve it (or some other preservative)...

That doesn't look like enough...

It will be outside of the window where the food rules say you should eat it by 130...

But I have never used that filling either... just my best guess...

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 4

There is often a 4 hour window for many foods left at a cool room temperature of around 70 F as AAtKT stated. But that is something you need to check in your area. However whether it would remain stable or not is another issue. Cool Whip gets runny at room temperature as  will cream cheese mixed with the sleeve filling. This recipe sounds delicious but it must be refrigerated up until shortly before serving time.

claryd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claryd Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for the feedback!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%