I Can't Use Any Ingredients! Help!

Baking By BlueRose8302 Updated 18 Jul 2015 , 1:04am by ceeselena

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 11

I have a friend that needs a a cake for her son--but it can't have eggs, dairy, wheat, or peanuts!  Help!  That takes out all my recipes!  Does anyone have a recipe that can help me out?

Thanks so much!

Erin

10 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 11

Just say no.

If you use any of these ingredients in your kitchen cross-contamination can easily occur.

BlueRose8302 Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 11

She said that wouldn't be a problem as long as I clean my surface.  And...of course.  :)

SugarsSilk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarsSilk Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 11

Yes, you can! You can make a flour-less and egg-less chocolate cake. You can find that recipes all over the internet. It will have more of fudgy texture. But it taste really good though. I hope this helps!

Here is recipe that I would just modify:

http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-moist-eggless-chocolate-cake-427676

modification:

instead of 1 cup flour, use 1/2 cup almond meal; 1/2 cup rice flour

instead of 1/2 cup milk, use 1/2 cup almond milk

instead of the 2 tbsp yogurt, use 2 tbsp vanilla coconut yogurt (brand - So Delicious)

Let me know how it turns out! Good luck!

Danielle :)

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 11

Yes as Jedi said, if your pans were ever used with those ingredients or if you have them in your home - there may still be traces so if he has strong allergic reactions or has Celiac Disease as opposed to being mildly reactive - his cake needs to be made in a peanut-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free facility.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 11

Sorry, saw your second post after I entered.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 11

http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-mayo/recipes/chocolate

'just mayo' has no eggs in it and i use a lot of oat flour -- i make it in my ninja blender then sift it -- this is a great cake recipe -- you could also get some bob's red mill all purpose gluten free flour too -- i can't remember if i used gf flour when i made this but it's a great cake --

the gluten free egg free world is turning out some great products these days -- used to be pitiful -- but then again i bought a gf cake mix on sale -- pity full ! i souped it up like crazy and after all that it was good but anyhow....

best to you

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 11

No specific recipe for you, but if you google "gluten free vegan cake" you will get a multitude of recipes to choose from.  Even vanilla cake, which is typically harder to get a good cake texture for than chocolate.

You didn't mention frosting, but I want to add that I've had a lot of luck using Earth Balance vegan butter spread instead of butter in my usual American Buttercream recipe.  

Good luck!  As a person with lots of food allergies, it's extra special to have someone go above and beyond to make something that you can enjoy!  

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 1:01am
post #9 of 11

BlueRose ~~ Although it probably can  be done, I would say no because of the risk of cross-contamination (as mentioned above by Jedi Knight).  As with all threads on an international, multi-cultural, huge, anonymous website, there are so many, many details we don't know, including the level of allergic reaction possible with the birthday boy.

May I suggest that if you are concerned, that you search your local area for any specialty vegan bakers who have the kitchen set-up, skill set, ingredients, and tested recipes.  Provide the name and number of that shop to your friend.

From reading different threads on the topic of cakes made specifically for people with food allergies, it seems that the bakers/shops that specialize in these types of baked goods usually have a beloved family member that has some kind of food allergy. 

BlueRose8302 Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone! I found a lot of good products that were suggested from your recipes. I didn't find just mayo. But I found a different mayo that might fit the bill. I got a gluten free/ dairy free cake mix- do you think I could use it like a wasc and add the bobs mill flour and the almond milk and almond yogurt? I just don't know about the eggs?  Applesauce? I am trying to have a chocolate cake and a yellow cake. Thanks so much!!

ceeselena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceeselena Posted 18 Jul 2015 , 1:04am
post #11 of 11

So here is a recipe you can use with a few modifications.

http://thecraftingfoodie.com/2013/04/dark-moist-rich-chocolate-cake-with-creamy-chocolate-frosting-dairy-free.html

The things you would have to replace is the flour with something else, gluten free flour, almond mill, or rice flour. Also the eggs, so here is a link to finding a replacement for those. Flax seed and banana seems the best to me.

http://www.thekitchn.com/5-vegan-substitutes-for-eggs-in-baking-tips-from-the-kitchn-136591

Hope this boy can enjoy some delicious cake!!

You only get a birthday once a year :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%