What To Do With U-Shaped Tip?

Decorating By carolynmaples Updated 9 Jul 2015 , 6:09am by Apti

carolynmaples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolynmaples Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 3:10am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I work in a retail bakery. Today while organizing my icing tips, I found a plethora of these U or C-shaped tips (seems like #79, #80, or #81). I have a whole bunch and I'd love to start using them! What techniques are they used for? Is there a specific name for this kind of tip? Thank you!

3 replies
pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 3:30am
post #2 of 4

Search for White Flower Cake Shoppe flower.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 4:49am
post #3 of 4

^^^^ yup...makes cupped petals.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 6:09am
post #4 of 4

Those are the Wilton "chrysanthemum (mum)" tips.  From small to large:  79, 80, 81

Here is a tutorial on the Wilton site:


The recent cake craze is to use the HUGE version of a mum tip (different appearance, same result, only HUGE.  The Wilton version of the huge mum tip is discontinued, but you can get the tip from other sources online. 





Quote by @%username% on %date%