Cake Boards

Baking By Sparkles77 Updated 3 Jul 2015 , 11:34am by Sparkles77

Sparkles77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparkles77 Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 8

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get 2 inch (5cm) square cake boards from? I am having my wedding cake made by a friend, and they wil lbe individual small square cakes (like minature wedding cakes), but would need some cake board for the bottom, or something similar. Does anyone have any ideas what I can use on the bottom if I cant find cake boards small enough, or know any suppliers which sell them? 

Thank you in advance

7 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 8

Yikes, I hope you're having a small wedding, that's a lot of work!  What a great friend you have!

I've never seen them that small.  If you can't find any, you could just get some large rectangle ones and cut them down.  As they are square, it would be really easy with a ruler and a utility knife.  I've cut them down to 6" square several times.

You could also cover them with a pretty foil if need be.

Congrats on your wedding!!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 8

Dollar store... foam core board....cut to size. Cheap and easy.

Yeah... but that many small cakes...yikes!

johnson6ofus Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 8

Oh... I would cut the 2" individual boards, double them, using hot glue to bond together, and them trim sides with 3/8" ribbon in a coordinating color. 

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 8

Try here:

Rectangular Mini-Boards with Tabs

Oval Mini-Boards with Tabs

I've never seen 2" square ones though.  HTH.

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 12:34am
post #6 of 8

Quote by @johnson6ofus on 1 hour ago

Oh... I would cut the 2" individual boards, double them, using hot glue to bond together, and them trim sides with 3/8" ribbon in a coordinating color. 

Love this idea !

johnson6ofus Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 3:48am
post #7 of 8

Thanks... and it's easy to do while watching TV... ;)

3/8" ribbon seems to be the right size for my dollar store foam core boards doubled, to cover the side neatly and well. I use hot glue for this task too. 

Sparkles77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparkles77 Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 11:34am
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone. I will try some.of your ideas. Especially like the idea with the ribbon. I have seen some cake boards this small, but the website only stock 8 at a time (obviously because they are not very popular lol) but i can't get to their supplier as it's too far away and can't find a website for them.  

Oh and we are having a big tier at the top to cut, so not too many small cakes hehe. The small ones are more for the people who want to take one home with them instead of eat cake when we cut it lol. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%