Sending Out First Cake

Business By cakelovesmetoo Updated 1 Jul 2015 , 7:59pm by cakelovesmetoo

cakelovesmetoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovesmetoo Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, I have decided to start baking for my friends and family for a small cost, and could love to do this for part time. I will be sending out my very first order on the 4th, and I want to attach my "bakery" logo and some nice notes with the cake. Can anyone suggest me where I can make a nice logo for free?

Also, I would appreciate any other ideas for sending out the cake?

I am so excited my friends! :) Happy baking and decorating! :D

5 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 6

I have nothing for the logo part.  I will tell you what I do for deliveries.  I have a printout that I change with every order that basically says thank you for choosing ----biz name---- for your special occasion.  I give a very brief description of the cake (how many servings, whether decorations are edible, letting them know about support system in the cake).  And, I let them know about fondant and refrigeration/condensation, etc.  Again, very brief.

I end it with," I hope you enjoy your cake as much as I enjoyed making it for you" and I attach my business card.

So basically, I have it saved on my computer and just edit the details and print it out with each new delivery.  

The reason I do this is- you don't always have an opportunity to speak with the client when you deliver the cake and, if you do ,it's usually them gushing over how the cake looks :)  I don't want them wondering if something is edible or what are these plastic things in the cake or should I refrigerate the leftovers, etc.

I wouldn't, obviously, do that for a wedding cake.

cakelovesmetoo Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you Jinkies! That is such an awesome idea! I will get on drafting something similar! My first "client" is my friend, I am sure she will appreciate something like that! :)

Thank you!! :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 6

Make sure that it's legal to do this where you are. Most states have some sort of a cottage food law now, btu you need to follow the laws about what types of fillings you can do refrigeration requirements, etc. Just because you're looking at it as a hobby-type thing doesn't mean that the health department will if you're taking payments from people. having them cover your costs is taking payments, so it's better to cover all of the bases before you start designing a logo etc.

cakelovesmetoo Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the great suggestion costumeczar. I have already been looking into those. :) I have been baking for my friends for the past few years without any cost, and probably will continue that too. My family and friends have been insisting to take the take the cost to make the cake but I had never given that a thought until very recently. :) Just recently I started my own blog and want to keep this hobby continuing so I was planning to give a name and logo no matter what. 

cakelovesmetoo Posted 1 Jul 2015 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for the great suggestion costumeczar. I have already been looking into those. :) I have been baking for my friends for the past few years without any cost, and probably will continue that too. My family and friends have been insisting to take the take the cost to make the cake but I had never given that a thought until very recently. :) Just recently I started my own blog and want to keep this hobby continuing so I was planning to give a name and logo no matter what.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%