Need Large Carrot Cake - Sheet Cake. Recipe I Have Makes It About 1 In Thick.

Baking By Liz1951 Updated 23 Jun 2015 , 3:44am by Liz1951

Liz1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1951 Posted 22 Jun 2015 , 3:03am
post #1 of 4

Is it possible to make a carrot cake in sheet pan 2" high?  My recipe turns out about 1 in high.  Need it much thicker

3 replies
Njewett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njewett Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 1:15am
post #2 of 4

Do know how many cups of batter the recipe you used yields?  Depending on the size of the sheet pan you are using you might not have enough batter to fill the pan. Normally when I bake sheet cake I calculate the amount of batter the recipe yields. Then reference that number with the required cups of batter needed on the Wilton chart for a 2 in pan.

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-serving-guide.cfm

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 3:07am
post #3 of 4

Quote by @Liz1951 on 1 day ago

Is it possible to make a carrot cake in sheet pan 2" high?  My recipe turns out about 1 in high.  Need it much thicker

And you already considered doubling your recipe to produce enough batter to make a 2" tall cake?  Is there a reason you believe that won't work?

Liz1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1951 Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4

Both recipes I tried said to use 9 x 13 pan.   The one from scratch was a little thicker but still not as thick as I wanted it.  I thought about doubling  but was afraid it may turn out too heavy.  I was playing around with a smaller version so I could calculate what it would take for two 12 x 18 pans.  Didn't want to experiment on that size.   Even though the one from scratch was awesome. Wouldn't mind having that around to nibble on for a few days.  Lol.  Since I posted my question, the cake has been changed to a German chocolate cake.  Good o" DH mix to the rescue on that.  Thanks for the suggestions.  

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%