King Arthur Weight/measurment Chart

Baking By craftybanana2 Updated 19 Jun 2015 , 2:14am by BakerBlackCat

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 18 Jun 2015 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 2

I came across this today :http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipe/master-weight-chart.html How close are your own measurements to it? My AP Flour comes to 125g for a cup, while theirs is 120g. One thing I did notice, that I have a question about is Sugar vs Brown sugar. Do your weights between the two differ? Mine came out the same, 175g for both white sugar and packed brown sugar.

1 reply
BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 19 Jun 2015 , 2:14am
post #2 of 2

I use that chart all the time, and as far as the flour weights are concerned, they're specifically for KAF flours.  So any other brand is going to be off. I only use KAF flour in my baking, so I pretty much have those weights memorized!

My white and brown sugar weights are close enough to the KAF measurements that I just automatically measure 7 or 7.5 ounces of sugar per cup.  I will say that the first time I try a recipe that doesn't list volume measurements, I will measure out using cups, etc., weigh each of those amounts and write it down.  If the measurements come out close to KAF measurements, I go with that, and I really haven't had anything explode on me.

(OK, there was that one time, but it wasn't because of the KAF chart.  It was because I got distracted while mise-ing out my dry ingredients, and I added the baking powder twice.  And I now let the telephone ring if I'm weighing out anything!  Oh, the mess in the oven...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%