Peanut Butter Cake With Or With Out Chocolate.

Baking By CatPoet Updated 18 Jun 2015 , 5:32am by CatPoet

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 7

Peanutbutter isnt  a stapel here and it is a bit on the expensive side of things so I need a tried and true recipe of a sponge cake that had peanut butter in the batter and if  it possible one that also has chocolate.

My daughter has dreamed up a cake with  peanut butter chocolate sponge and tablet topping, tablet I can do but I dont have the recipe for the sponge.  Oh and she wanted to use bacon powder to in it, but I think we can skips that.

Could you please help me?

6 replies
rsquared02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsquared02 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

Hmm.  I don't have a recipe with chocolate and peanut butter in it.  I've had a good amount of success using the modified cake mix recipe with butter cake mix and adding peanut butter to it.  You could do a chocolate/peanut butter marble!  

Sift together:

1 yellow cake mix

1 c flour

1 c sugar

1 t salt

Add:

1 1/3 c water (sometimes I add more if the batter is really thick)

3 eggs

1 c sour cream

1 T vegetable oil

1 c peanut butter

1 T vanilla 

Mix and place in pans.  Makes a little over enough for 2 8" rounds.  Bake about an hour at 325 degrees.  

rsquared02 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

PS - you could try this with chocolate cake mix instead.  I bet that would be yummy.

rsquared02 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

PPS - I have used PB2 (peanut butter powder) too if you have that available, although I can't remember how much.  They make a PB2 with chocolate and peanut butter too.  

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 7

At my last cooking position we used the  white commercial Pillsbury cake mix and added a cup of creamy peanut butter. Everyone loved it. I have not tried making a scratch one yet. 

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 7

At my last cooking position we used the  white commercial Pillsbury cake mix and added a cup of creamy peanut butter. Everyone loved it. I have not tried making a scratch one yet. 

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 18 Jun 2015 , 5:32am
post #7 of 7

Cake mixes  is rare here and if I find it, it is way to expensive for me and peanut powder I have never seen, so I am back on looking at the net.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%