Looking For Advice On Oven

Baking By satimis Updated 16 Jun 2015 , 9:13pm by SquirrellyCakes

satimis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satimis Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 11:54am
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for an electric oven for home, mainly for baking loaf and cake.  I have no pre-set budget but size is my concern. 

Today steam ejection feature is quite popular.  Recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
satimis

4 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 5

If size is a concern, what are your size specifications?

As far as the steam ejection feature, I have no experience with it.  From what I have read on the subject, there are mixed reviews. This feature seems to be more popular with yeast bread makers.

I cannot personally imagine it being a good thing when baking cakes, pies, cookies, quickbreads and soda risen loaves. I would think it would create a bit of a rubbery texture with certain recipes.

As far as for those who have used gas ovens for baking and find gas drying for cakes, maybe they welcome the difference.  I am not a fan of gas for baking but I love it for cooking and I have a gas cooktop.

I have a 30 inch Jenn-Air convection wall oven.  I am not big on convection baking so I use it like a regular oven.  Originally with this house, I had a 27 inch Jenn-Air wall convection oven and absolutely loved the results it produced but missed those 3 extra inches.  So I replaced it with a 30 inch.  It is wonderfully accurate and bakes evenly and beautifully and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Love it!

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have experience with steam ejection either. My oven is electric with a convection feature. I used the convection feature for the first time this past weekend, when I needed to make 10", 8", and 6" cakes in record time. The cakes cooked very quickly (still only at around 325F and then lowered to 300F) and came out quite even. Not sure of the brand I have though. 

satimis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satimis Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 5

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice

My preferred width = less 500 mm (approx. 20 inches)

I'm interested on combination Oven microwave and electric oven plus steam ejection.

Regards
satimis

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 5

I am guessing that you don't live in Canada or the U.S. if you are looking for something less than 20 inches wide satimis.  What country are you in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%