This Is A New One For Me....

Business By jenmat Updated 20 Jun 2015 , 5:27am by johnson6ofus

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 6

I received this email last night....

Hi
You did my cake for my bridal shower and my wedding on September 14th 2013. I was wondering if you still had all the receipts from those events. Reason being is I am getting divorced and need proof of payments and how it was paid. You can contact me via email or call xxxxx. I am very sorry for any inconvenience.

I re sent her invoice and she says that's just fine, but that is a new one!

Now I wonder why you would need receipts from the wedding....none of my business but......

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe she's using some kind of deception angle in the divorce filing and needs to show that she paid for stuff? I've had people cancel the wedding because they found out that their fiances were cheating on them, so I can see someone asking to be reimbursed for the cost of the wedding if they were being bamboozled at the time of the wedding, I don't know, just speculation on my part.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, that's my assumption too. He was cheating before the wedding and she's trying to recoup the costs. It's a no-fault state, so I'm wondering if there's a lawsuit coming...not fun stuff. I hate finding out one of my couples is splitting up!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 6

I've had a couple of repeat customers in the time I've been doing cakes. :/

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 12:24am
post #5 of 6

Quote by @costumeczar on 25 minutes ago

I've had a couple of repeat customers in the time I've been doing cakes. :/

lol

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 20 Jun 2015 , 5:27am
post #6 of 6

I imagine all that will be a tough road for her, given that it was years ago and the marriage took place. I admit, that's a new one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%