Stuff Only A Baker Would Understand/appreciate

Lounge By mccantsbakes Updated 24 Aug 2015 , 3:19pm by mccantsbakes

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 6:42am
post #1 of 15

This week has been an incredible baking week for me!   I nailed a totally awesome cake with tons of new techniques that had previously intimidated me.   Whoo Hoo!   I am now HOOKED on gumpaste :)

I  also won a blogger's give away which was a huge box of baking supplies, tons of new products I had never used and all kinds of fun stuff I can get into tons of baking mischief with...pans, expensive chocolate, new icing spatulas, a high end food scale and lots of other cool stuff ;) (I won this box a few months ago, but it arrived this week) double Whoo hoo!   

and the cherry on to my week was scoring this (link below) at my local Michaels store in their "as is" clearance section.....it was discounted to 40 dollars because it was missing parts.....turns out it was ONLY missing an 8" round cake board and the practice boards for piping BC flowers (whoop-dee-doo...I already have those things) Triple Whooo-hooooooo!

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=F3E2CF4F-1E0B-C910-EA0D54BE4C7C4614

i was so excited to share this with my family, but they just don't "get" it how stinking cool all this stuff is and how exciting it is to score a great deal and how awesome it is to nail a new technique.   of course they said things like  "cool!"  Or "yay" but they don't share in my utter excitement over things like this......and how itfeels like the cake Gods are smiling down upon little ol me.     

I KNOW this community "gets" it.....So I just needed to share with you all since you KNOW how expensive decorating is and how there are 10 million little tools and things to add to ones cakery "arsenal".     I am the girl who gets jazzed by a little caking find at my local goodwill....cake stands and nice pans etc......So this stuff has me on cloud 9 and then some.  

Thanks for for reading my silly nonsense and hopefully giving me a virtual "high five" over my awesome week.

happy baking 

heather 

14 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 9:39am
post #2 of 15

Virtual high 5 plus!!!!!!

Well done Mccants, it feels great when you nail new techniques and to be rewarded twice - your Blogger win and a great discount (the list of things in that goes on forever!) Total WIN! 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 10:17am
post #3 of 15

High 5!  Totally get it, I was so jazzed yesterday to get my new rolling pin 60% off at Joann's.  Good for you, sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 11:03am
post #4 of 15

Totally awesome!  I'm giddy just reading your post!  Very exciting, so happy for you.  Two thumbs up on the great deal, the Blog win (love that) and even more exciting is the new found confidence with the  new techniques.  An awesome week for sure!  High five!

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 15

McCantsBakes, that's awesome!  The cake decorating trifecta!  I giggled reading your post, thinking "yay, these are my people!"  I know how you feel, because I get all excited over the little things too! I'm finally getting the hang of 2-color Cake Lace, so that's my accomplishment for the week, so High 5's all around!!

mccantsbakes Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 15

Yup.   I have found my flock ;)

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement.  I am sending virtual high fives to you all as well for your accomplishments this week.   Isn't it the little things (or big ones too) that just make  ALL the tedious things that can happen with caking worth it?  

Love this cake community, you all are so helpful and you get it.

happy Monday all!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 12:21am
post #7 of 15

Quote by @MsGF on 13 hours ago

Totally awesome!  I'm giddy just reading your post!  Very exciting, so happy for you.  Two thumbs up on the great deal, the Blog win (love that) and even more exciting is the new found confidence with the  new techniques.  An awesome week for sure!  High five!

HIGH FIVE FROM ME TOO!   Ditto to MsGF.  Now, let's all sit down together in the kitchen and lovingly discuss each item (while touching it of course and talking about all the things it can do) for hours while smiling hugely.   Then we'll talk about your new techniques and tell our own stories about the successess and failures.  

We can even make a little fun of well-meaning cake muggles...hee hee hee

mccantsbakes Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 1:11am
post #8 of 15

Quote by @Apti on 48 minutes ago

Quote by @MsGF on 13 hours ago

HIGH FIVE FROM ME TOO!   Ditto to MsGF.  Now, let's all sit down together in the kitchen and lovingly discuss each item (while touching it of course and talking about all the things it can do) for hours while smiling hugely.   Then we'll talk about your new techniques and tell our own stories about the successess and failures.  

YES!!!!!!!!! 

This sounds like the perfect afternoon! 

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 3:53pm
post #9 of 15

Cake muggles, bahahahahaha

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 4:06pm
post #10 of 15

Congrats! I love love love the clearance section! It's like a treasure hunt! :D

lamiller2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lamiller2008 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:00am
post #11 of 15

Hooray!! What an awesome score on your clearance deal and the Blog prize! :)

CoinUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoinUK Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 15

Quote by @Apti on 16 Jun 2015 , 1:21am 

LOL, I am so stealing that phrase, it's perfect :D

wrosado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrosado Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 1:47pm
post #13 of 15

You made me feel so  happy because you are so happy!!!  And wow! Oh my!  you have some good luck winning the basket and finding good deals!!! Good for you!!!  I also go to Micheals when there is 50% off couponds and again you can go to Micheals with Jo-Anns and ACMOORE 50% off couponds.  When I  come out of the store with an item I just purchase for half price that just make my whole day. So me my dear I am totally feeling your excitement!!! Wishing you more luck always!!!

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 2:37pm
post #14 of 15

I'm so excited and happy for you! Have fun with all your new stuff! 

mccantsbakes Posted 24 Aug 2015 , 3:19pm
post #15 of 15

Awe =) 

thank you all for the shared joy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%