Travelling With Fondant Cake Toppers

Decorating By Jayjas Updated 12 Jun 2015 , 12:35am by Jayjas

Jayjas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayjas Posted 10 Jun 2015 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone, I am new Baking and Cake Central:). I am making a baby shower cake for a friend and planning to decorate it with fondant baby shoes bottles etc. My problem is i have to travel with these cake toppers for 8 hrs on road. On hot sunny days like these i do not know how to carry them? someone suggested wrap them in Kleenex towels and keep them in a box. should i put close to ice bags? I am confused. Any advice wd help. Thanks

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 6

When I travel with my gumpaste flowers, I put them in a cardboard box lined with tissue paper and pack tissue paper around them. I run the AC in the car for the trip. My 6" peonies arrive in tact. I assemble the flowers on site. HTH ( My gumpaste is homemade fondant with Tylose added.)

Jayjas Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks or the tip Carolinecakes :).. i guess i will hafta do the same :)

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

You're welcome. I also make extras just in case anything gets broken/damaged. Good luck.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 6

I flew with a small tote full of fondant decorations for my DD's wedding cake.  They were loosely packed on top of a layer of crumpled tissue paper and surrounded by cotton balls.  As long as you have extras of everything and they're not bumping together, you should be fine.  Just be sure to keep them out of sunlight.

Jayjas Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 12:35am
post #6 of 6

Thnaks Jgifford That really helps .. will keep this tip in mind while i pack :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%