Fondant Transfer Cake

Decorating By flawless1 Updated 7 Jun 2015 , 12:33pm by PattyT

flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 5 Jun 2015 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to baking and decorating and I have done four buttercream transfers that turned out great by watching several you tube videos. I have to do a Pirate Jake 2D fondant transfer cake by next Saturday. I googled fondant transfer and Jessica cakes came up but the video was unavailable.I went to you tube to watch a video on how to do a 2D fondant transfer and the majority of them were in Spanish and the others only showed pictures of fondant transferred cakes. Has anyone ever done a Fondant transfer cake and if so could you please tell me how its done?

In the past when I have asked questions I have not been able to respond to the answers that were given because the system says "could not verify human". So thanks in advance to everyone assisting me with this.

Thanks 

3 replies
PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there:  Do you mean building an image or in this case a cartoon character in fondant, then placing on the cake?

If so, I did a Google search using the words:  2D Fondant Figures

A lot of tutorials and videos came up, but I thought this one had nice explanation and lots of pictures to help.

http://chefsamcakes.blogspot.com/2012/10/2d-cake-decor.html

Is something like this what you were planning?

Have fun with the cake - be sure to post!

flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 4

This is exactly what I was searching for. Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to help me.

Thanks

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 7 Jun 2015 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 4

No problem.  Glad to help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%