Issues With Candy Melts

Decorating By KrummsKreations Updated 3 Jun 2015 , 12:41am by KrummsKreations

KrummsKreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrummsKreations Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all :)

I'm Lauren and I'm new around these parts.

So, as the title implies lol, I've been having an issue lately with candy melts. It hasn't been one particular brand, and it seems to happen maybe,  2 out of every 10 times.

This is my process -I use my Heavenly cake pop roller to get my balls, and I DO freeze them for 10 minutes (which in my freezer, isn't long enough to actually FREEZE them, but get them really cold), then I shape them/smooth them out, at which point they have warmed up from being held, and I stick them in the fridge for about a half hour before I dip them. I haven't quite been able to figure out why they're doing this, but they don't crack per se , rather turn into my grandmas neck, lol. Any clue why??

I do have pictures I just cant figure out how to upload them haha..

2 replies
SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 3

It may be from thickness of the chocolate. What is the consistency like when you dip? 

KrummsKreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrummsKreations Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 12:41am
post #3 of 3

I usually use Chocoley Bada Bing Bada Boom Low Viscosity formula (which it's happened to as well), but this time I was using  some store brand, brick type candy quick, and it is a bit on the thicker side once it melts. So I added 2 teaspoons of shortening....Do you think it was the shortening that did it? It just blows my mind, because I've done it a thousand times with no problems. Just every now and then it starts to...wrinkle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%