Cake Business Website?

Business By heartofoklahoma Updated 3 Jun 2015 , 10:39am by Natka81

heartofoklahoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartofoklahoma Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 4

Is there a website or anything that I could post pics and take orders from?   For example I do a lot of business through my facebook page.  All my pics are there and then when someone wants to order, they order through the facebook messaging.  I do not want to have a facebook anymore, I use it only for business.  So is there a website I could create and do this with?

3 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 4

You can create your own website. Buy a domain name and buy website.

My website is with wix.com. Prettywhittycakes.com has a tutorial about making website. I really recommend this tutorial.

I  have facebook page, but when my potential customers inquire about cakes, it turns out that they don't have Facebook accounts,that kind of pushed me into getting a website. Flickr.com is the site where you can store your  cake pictures, but I don't like those messy social sites.

heartofoklahoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartofoklahoma Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 7:52am
post #3 of 4

Thank you Natka81!  The link, for the tutorial will not open. Do you pay for your website?  Is there a place for customers to put in an order?  Thank you!

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 10:39am
post #4 of 4

You have to pay membership with Prettywittycakes.com  to get access to all tutorials. Membership fee is somewhere around $ 70.00 ( don`t remember for sure). 

I pay $ 15.00 a month for my website, but I have a store where people order and pay if they want to buy dessert cakes.

On my website people have to fill out inquiry form which goes to my gmail, (personal mailbox for website is additional $ 4.00/ month). Then I send them invoice or estimate for their order, which does not go thru my website, I use Quickbook for invoicing. And I don`t mailbox for my website I use gmail.

Godaddy.com, Weebly.com, Wix.com, they all have website builders.

It shouldn`t cost you more than $10.00 a month. 

If you decide to get website talk to someone who knows about this stuff, before you start to do anything yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%