Oh, Help Please! Cakes For Bingo: Make Today, Frost Tomorrow, Serve On Saturday?

Baking By FabricGal Updated 29 May 2015 , 3:42am by FabricGal

FabricGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabricGal Posted 28 May 2015 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 4

My Bingo group asked me to make a few cakes for our Bingo! party on Saturday. I feel honored as this is A Big Deal in Bingo-land!

I'll be making "doctored" cakes and using an extender too (1/2 cup flour,  1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder) and baking them in disposable aluminum sheet pans.

If I bake these today, frost them tomorrow, and bring them to Bingo on Saturday, will they be okay or will they dry out?  They will be served right out of the pan, so should I cover the pan with plastic wrap or aluminum between when they're cooled, and tomorrow night when I frost them?

One of the cakes will be the Strawberry Cake recipe posted by steady2hands on this site--but I'll be making it without the frozen strawberries.  Since the strawberries would add a bit more liquid, I plan to add a bit more water & oil to make up for that.

I'd appreciate any help and info!  Many thanks in advance!

FabGal

3 replies
FabricGal Posted 28 May 2015 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 4

Gosh, I should have used the Search feature--loads of info!   Now y'all know I'm not all-that online!  lolam

I guess my question at this point is to find out how best to keep the bare cakes fresh until tomorrow when I frost them-- ?? cover the baking pan with plastic wrap, or cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. There's no room in my fridge or freezer, so the have to stay out.

TIA !

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 28 May 2015 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 4

You can lay the plastic directly on the cake to seal it and then cover with aluminum foil for even better coverage.

FabricGal Posted 29 May 2015 , 3:42am
post #4 of 4

Thank you very much, Pastrybaglady!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%