Please Help My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By mzmanniefresh1 Updated 23 May 2015 , 5:42pm by -K8memphis

mzmanniefresh1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzmanniefresh1 Posted 23 May 2015 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 4

Please help this is my first wedding cake and I do not know how to create the shiny look on the below cake. I believe that those are the little small pearl candies but it looks as if they are glowing or shiny. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cool-Weeding-Cakes-1-023

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 May 2015 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 4

first of all congratulations on posting a picture!

but i would pipe those with royal icing made with gum arabic -- gum arabic comes in a little jar costs maybe 3 bucks and puts the shiny glow in the dots -- practice in advance and when you get the icing the correct consistency the dot will hold and form perfectly round without a point on it -- you just adjust the royal icing with water --

and i used the word perfect but it's easy to get it the right texture -- just practice -- i think if you pipe a dot or swirl the icing in the bowl if all the marks disappear and it all levels out in 5 seconds or 10 seconds it's just right -- can't remember 5 or 10 but practice and you got this -- it really is easy -- you'll feel like a sweet super hero or something it's so easy -- just make some up in advance and practice -- you get the rounded dot and the beautiful pearliness all in one teensy little piped dot -- brilliant

if you can post a picture on here the pearls will be no problem :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 May 2015 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 4

That look like a dark blue fondant cake that's been airbrushed with a shiny luster dust, then the dots were piped on top of it. The reason it looks like it's shining is the light from the camera's flash or from the lighting in the room reflecting off of the luster dust on the surface of the fondant. It's not glowing, it's just the light in the room when the picture was taken.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 May 2015 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 4

and when i said royal icing made with gum arabic -- just add a few teaspoons to a regular recipe of royal --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%