Where Did You All Go?

Decorating By auntginn Updated 18 May 2015 , 1:37am by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 16 May 2015 , 7:22am
post #1 of 14

Looking for the Friday Night Cake Club discussion.  Can't seem to find it.  If you've seen it, can you share the link with me please.

Thanks in advance.

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2015 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 14

haven't seen it just wanted to say hey

auntginn Posted 16 May 2015 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 14

Good morning K8memphis, Thanks.  Wonder is Cat opened up last night.

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2015 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 14

i haven't seen it yet -- hope all is well -- it might be under the avalanche here somewhere... :)

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2015 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 14

no i just did a search and 5/8/2015 was the last one -- she hasn't posted it yet for 5/15/2015 -- so hoping all is well for her et al -- maybe she had a super busy week -- she will pipe up soon i'm sure

auntginn Posted 16 May 2015 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 14

All is well thank you.  I hope your having a great weekend and not working too hard. lol

I did a search last night and didn't find it.

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2015 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 14

i'm retired -- the land where every day is saturday and no cakes allowed hahahaha

auntginn Posted 16 May 2015 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 14

That is awesome.  I'm toying with the idea myself.  Turned 62 this year and pondering wether to do it now or wait, With the state of the SS program.  I had planned to wait but now I don't know.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 May 2015 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 14
auntginn Posted 16 May 2015 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 14

Oh Thank you Leah, I knew it     had to be somewhere.

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 6:57pm
post #11 of 14

Quote by @auntginn on 1 day ago

That is awesome.  I'm toying with the idea myself.  Turned 62 this year and pondering wether to do it now or wait, With the state of the SS program.  I had planned to wait but now I don't know.

the decision was made for me as i could no longer work :( but i figured that it would take me till i was about 72 till i broke even with taking it early --in other words it was the same amount of money if i took it (at the lower rate) from 62 to 72 or if i took it from 66 (at the higher rate) to age 72 -- they both are about the same amount -- i just stretch it out over a longer time frame and then of course am bound to stay at the lower rate all the way through now -- but whatever it really helped me -- didn't have a lot of choice -- and if you are able you can still work part time and draw it too -- 

tough decision to make -- i'm only just now divesting myself of my cake making equipment, some of it anyhow --

auntginn Posted 17 May 2015 , 7:15pm
post #12 of 14

Yes, I agree k8, and that is my dilemma.  I don't feel I should retire but I can't make as many cakes as I once could.  Too stressful and exhausting.  Retiring early will put me at a lower age and when I really need that income will be in the years to follow.  What if I can't make any cakes then, sigh.....

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 11:05pm
post #13 of 14

i know -- i never expected to retire! my brother and sister are older than me and both still work full time -- it took me a long time to not feel like a big weenie -- i don't know -- no easy answers -- i still wanna work but i know i really can't ugh -- so sometimes i still feel like a weenie -- don't like it can't help it -- still don't wanna believe it -- 

my second to last cake i had to call in some favors and it was a small cake for a beloved friend -- my last cake i had someone already lined up to help me -- 'cause i knew --

just do the best you can -- lighten your load and maybe try to fill in with supplying some nice baked goods for a coffee house or restaurant or a gas station -- nice bar cookies and pastries and quick breads, little pies -- those are a little easier on the stress level -- probably not make as much money but ... six of one, half dozen of another huh --

best to you, cake buddy

auntginn Posted 18 May 2015 , 1:37am
post #14 of 14

Thank you for listening, Take care.  Hope things get better for you.  Sending prayers your way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%