Different Colored Strawberry Flavoring-Help!!!

Decorating By christiancaker Updated 29 Sep 2005 , 9:14pm by itsacake

christiancaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christiancaker Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 12:30am
post #1 of 3

Some of you may remember that i asked the other day about strawberry imitation flavoring. My customer called today and wants the cake to be purple and green for a halloween themed birthday party!!! How do i do that with strawberry flavoring??? WIll it change the flavor if i add Wilton coloring to it???? How do i get dark purple and green when Wilton's colors seem so pastel?? I have tomake this cake for Satruday not to mention I am traveling 2 1/2 hours with the cake for the b-day party (my brothers). Please help!!!

2 replies
Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 3

It may alter the taste a little depending on how much you add, I would suggest maybe going to your local cake decorating store and find out if they sell other brands (such as americolor or baker's preffer, from Bakery Crafts) of coloring which do not have a nasty aftertaste and give just as bright, if not birghter, results.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 3

This is off the wall and I probablyshouldn't even mention it, but do you think if you mixed some blueberry pie filling in with red strawberry filling you'd get purple and it would tste OK? Blueberries and strawberries work in fruit salad? Just a thought. Probably too weird but it sounds logical.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%