Cheeseburger Cake Instructions

Decorating By nadsquad Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 3:11am by karennayak

nadsquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadsquad Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 6

Could anyone share instructions on how to construct a fabulous cheeseburger cake?

Any tips about how to make condiments and all the detail work?

Ive seen some beautiful ones in the gallery!

Thanks!

5 replies
nadsquad Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 6

I did (3) 8" cakes, 2 vanilla, 1 chocolate, carved the top one to make it more "bun looking", iced the top and bottom in brown but added red to piping gel and just brushed it onto the chocolate. Used the rose tips to pipe lettuce on the sides to give it a ruffle look and just a 5 or 6 round tip to squirt on ketsup and mustard and flatten it out a bit. Also put real sesame seeds on mine. Lots of fun and fast to do.

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 6

Hi,
I've done a fast food lunch tray, with a burger. (in my photos) If this is what you are looking for, I'm happy to help.
Karen

nadsquad Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks!

I love both of your photos gilpnh and karennayak!

Karennayak- what size cakes are these? What pans did you use? How did you make? Please share!

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:11am
post #6 of 6

Hi,
The burger was a small cake. It was 6 inches in diameter. I baked, torted, added the filling. Then I cooled it for a while in the refigerator. Once it firmed up I used a small serrated knife to carve it into the burger shape on the top. Crumb-coated, and again left it to cool.

The icing is mostly butter-cream, except for the tomato and cheese slices, which were made of fondant.
The lettuce, I used a star tip for the top layer and the petal tip held flat for the bottom layer. The icing was actually shades of green but you cannot see it in the picture.
The burger is just dark brown butter-cream.
The bun itself is iced in butter-cream, and then smoothened with a paper towel. Once it dried, I added the sesame seeds.(Cream colored butter cream, using a No 2 writing tip.)

The napkin is a square of fondant, folded over and left to dry. Once it was dry, I lifted the whole burger and placed it on top of the napkin.

I have uploaded a close-up of the burger in my photos just now. It's much clearer than the original picture.

All the best,
Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%