Rain Date For Custom Cakes?

Business By Lwarmke79 Updated 11 May 2015 , 3:27pm by Lwarmke79

Lwarmke79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lwarmke79 Posted 11 May 2015 , 11:08am
post #1 of 4

Not sure if this is the exact forum to ask this.

I have a customer who needs a cake for June 6th but then made sure to state that the cake would be needed for a week later if it rains, June 13th!

So I let her know I would need at least 4 days notice if she plans to postpone, unless she wants a week old cake?

I didn't say that last part :)

How do you handle a rain date? One day is doable but I think one week is really pushing it!

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 May 2015 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 4

There will be no rain dates unless it's a hurricane that you can see coming for a week ahead! Your four day warning is fine as long as it's something that you wouldn't have started on by then, but I can't believe that someone would think that a rain date would be okay for a custom item. What the heck...

My contract has a whole section about what happens if there's a natural disaster and I can't deliver the cake but it's already made, or if the cake is done and the event gets cancelled, etc etc. There's nothing in there for "oh, just come get it next week!"

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 May 2015 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 4

Quote by @costumeczar on 6 minutes ago

There's nothing in there for "oh, just come get it next week!"

No, no, no..... it's REMAKE me a fresh cake. Not happening, no thank you.

And who calls "rain"? A sprinkle, a drizzle, too wet for photos in the spot I want.... sorry ..... the bride can find a freezer to put it in. 

Lwarmke79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lwarmke79 Posted 11 May 2015 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 4

This is for a birthday cake but it's  a $175 birthday caKe. In the furture i will not honor such requests! Thanks, i thought it was an odd request. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%