Add Pudding

Decorating By stretchi69 Updated 29 Sep 2005 , 3:43pm by Misdawn

stretchi69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stretchi69 Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 4:53am
post #1 of 12

I want to add pudding to a skull cake for a kind of unexpected surprise. Has anyone done this before? I would appreciate any great ideas I can get.

11 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 4:56am
post #2 of 12

Is the pudding unexpected or the skull? The pudding will just make the cake more moist, but most people won't know what you've done to it.

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 5:02am
post #3 of 12

I believe that the pudding would be like the "brains" in the skull. Is there any way to pipe it in after the cake has been baked? I don't know about this....does anyone else??

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 5:07am
post #4 of 12

Ooooohhh, no kidding, I"m sorry! Could you use a donut or eclair filler and just pump it in there? Great idea! I'll catch up eventually!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 12

Is this a skull shaped pan? Do you have a picture?

Check this link maybe it will help in some way.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&recipe_id=66191&e=email

Although, this may be simpler and better since I don't know how the baking time may affect the pudding. But, after skull is baked, maybe you could just cut part of the skull top off, scoop out enough cake to make a small well, add the pudding and then put the top back on and then frost. That might be easier.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 12

Oh. I just realized my suggestion about cutting off top of skull may only work if its a 3D skull cake.

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 12

...you probably need to use some icing to layer the inside before you put the pudding inside the skull so that the pudding doesn't seep through and make the cake too soggy then then crumble the skull if you make it in advance....

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 12

First, is this a 3D skull? If so, I would recommend doing what Sweetbaker suggested and cut a small piece of the top off. If it is simply a flat pan, you could make it two layers, and cut out a small bit of cake from each layer. Then fill your bottom layer and stack your top layer on top. Then frost as usual. Hope that makes sense.

stretchi69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stretchi69 Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 10:47pm
post #9 of 12

It is a flat cake pan. I am going to test out a couple of the suggestions first and find which ones work. I will post it when I find out! I apprecieate all the help! Thanks icon_smile.gif

Misdawn Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 1:13pm
post #10 of 12

I made a spider cake once doing something similar. I made two round cakes, placed the bottom layer on my cake board, cut out a 3" circle from the center. Poured not quite set green jello in the hole. Then placed my second cake on top (this one was baked in a stainless steel bowl so the entire thing looked like a dome when stacked) Ten I put a smaller bowl-shaped cake next to it and frosted with black icing, used black licorice for legs, and cinnamon discs for eyes. It was a big black spider that oozed green goo when you cut into it.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 2:55pm
post #11 of 12

Hi MisDawn do you have a photo of that it sounds pretty cool !!

Misdawn Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 3:43pm
post #12 of 12

Sorry no pictures. I didn't have a digital camera last year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%