Bake Time For 16" Square

Decorating By MissMoore Updated 26 Sep 2005 , 7:05pm by MissMoore

MissMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMoore Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making my cakes today and I don't know if I should cook the 16" square at a lower degree because its so wide or just for a longer amount of time. If you could please help me soon- I've never made a cake this big before.

5 replies
Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 6

Bake it on a lower temp and bake it longer. I always use a flower nail in the middle of my larger cakes.
Sherry

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 6

Do you put the flower nail in, then pour the batter in? Or put the flower nail in after the batter is poured with the sharp side down? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I was never sure how that works. I would guess the flat side would have to be in the bottom of the pan or it'd fall over.....

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, put the flat side down and put it in before you pour the cake batter in. I usually use 2 flower nails. Don't forget to spray them with what ever you use on your cake pan.
Sherry

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 6

Spraying them definitely makes sense. And is something I would not have thought to do till after the fact! LOL. Thanks.

MissMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMoore Posted 26 Sep 2005 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for your help. I tried it and the cake came out perfectly. I didn't even have to cook it longer then a 14" because of this method. Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%