What Fondant Now

Decorating By chadry Updated 6 May 2015 , 1:28am by yortma

chadry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chadry Posted 5 May 2015 , 2:14am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering what Fondant people use now that we can't get the original Wilton brand anymore. I really do not like the new one. It was OK if I mixed it with the other version but I do not like it on it's own. It is too soft for me. I like the stiffer version. Is there another brand similar to it that I can order and where is the best place to order from. I have some nice cakes coming up soon that I have to figure out what to use. Even if there is a good recipe to try. I would be so thankful for any advice and suggestions. I am so upset that it is completely discontinued now. 

4 replies
Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 5 May 2015 , 3:12am
post #2 of 5

chadry, I actually prefer the new Wilton fondant to the old. The flavor is 1000% times better. Are you doing anything to your fondant besides kneading? I haven't had a problem with it being too soft (my house is an average of 70 degrees inside, about 30% humidity). I suspect warmer inside temps might change that. 

I used to make Rhonda's MMF and that was really soft.

Frank

rooneygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rooneygirl Posted 5 May 2015 , 4:05am
post #3 of 5

I just started using fondx and I absolutely love it!  I also use satin ice if I put a lot of decor on the cake but I use fondx when its a plain tier because it covers beautifully. 

chadry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chadry Posted 5 May 2015 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the replies. It does taste better but it is sticky and soft. I do not do anything different than before.  I have seen the fondex and I know many people use Satin Ice so I am trying to see what others prefer since I am going to have to order something 

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 6 May 2015 , 1:28am
post #5 of 5

Love love love Massa Grischuna neutral from Albert Uster imports, New York.  Not available in stores, but is shipped in 2 days, and very nice professional company.  It handles beautifully, more like the old Wilton, but tastes great.  Highly recommend it.  Once I tried it, never went back.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%