Help With Pricing!

Business By MBordak Updated 4 May 2015 , 6:45pm by Natka81

MBordak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBordak Posted 4 May 2015 , 7:24am
post #1 of 4

I sold a cake to a family friend for $40. It was a 12" round, about 6" tall and cost me about $20 for ingredients to make it. It's super delicious but takes hours (4-6) to make it, roll every layer, bake it 5 min each(about 10 layers) and put it together. That's all without decorating. After I sold the cake, they loved it, then the lady called back to ask for another one, but I made up an excuse to not make it, but to be honest I just didn't want to make it for that low price and was too embarrassed to give her a higher price since I know her for a long time. I'm a busy woman with 5 little kids, and pregnant. My question is, how much would you charge for making a cake like that with that much time to put into it, Without decorating it, and how much would you charge with a buttercream design on top of that...?

3 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 4 May 2015 , 9:38am
post #2 of 4

If this was Medovik cake that you are talking about then my Medoviks are $ 85 for  10"  round 2.5" tall. And they're are sprinkled with crumbs .with out any buttercream decorations on it.

All my buttercream decorated cakes start at $ 75.00 And that's basically 7" round cakes.

MBordak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBordak Posted 4 May 2015 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 4

It's Spartak cake 

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 4 May 2015 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 4

Anyway, ingredients+packaging+time+profit= price of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%