Cake Jars

Business By kpd1120 Updated 4 May 2015 , 8:30pm by kpd1120

kpd1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpd1120 Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 11

Hello, How much would you charge for 50 cake jars and the customer is providing the jars?

10 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 11

$3 to $4 for one flavor of cake and one flavor of frosting.

$1 each for different flavors

kpd1120 Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 11

thanks!

fdusing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fdusing Posted 1 May 2015 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 11

Sorry, I'm still learning all the things you can do with cake.  When you say cake jars, do you mean cake in mason jars?

kpd1120 Posted 1 May 2015 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 11

Oh no problem. Yes, cake jars=cake in mason jars.

fdusing Posted 4 May 2015 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 11

Any tips for making them?  I want to try this for our 4th of July barbecue this summer.

Apti Posted 4 May 2015 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 11

Easy to make.  Cut two cupcakes in half horizontally, put in 1/2 cupcake, filling, candy, ganache, caramel, etc., then 1/2 cupcake, repeat until jar is full.   Basically, it is just a layered dessert.  The possibilities are endless.  

like to fill my jars to about 1/4" from the top, then place a candy melt (that compliments the flavors/colors) on top so when the lid is removed, the lid won't have a giant glob of frosting sticking to it.

Google  cake jar  and you'll pull up lots of basic DIY information.

I purchased 1/2 pint (8 ounce), wide-mouth mason/kerr/canning jars with lids and rings.  Depending on the store, you can get them for about 75 cents to $1 per jar.  This size jar is just right for 2 cupcakes and frosting/filling.  Tape a plastic spoon to the side, tie with ribbon and you are done. 

It is actually pretty quick once you assemble everything (mise en place) and makes a cute presentation, but it is expensive because of the packaging (jar) costs per individual serving.  You could prepare each jar for "two" with two spoons for Valentine's Day.

A great site for photos, flavor combinations, and inspiration is Wicked Good Cupcakes.

https://www.wickedgoodcupcakes.com/Shop-Online/Cupcakes-In-Jars.aspx#.VUd-kPDXuSo

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 4 May 2015 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 11

awesome idea on the candy melt!

fdusing Posted 4 May 2015 , 3:56pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks, @Apti!!  There seems to be a unlimited number of ideas!  I am so excited that I want to try them now haha. Thanks for the candy melt idea, I would have never have thought of that idea!

Apti Posted 4 May 2015 , 6:52pm
post #10 of 11

You're welcome everyone.  My brain wasn't working right this am, more ideas if you google:  cupcakes in a jar

Forgot to mention this:  Using cupcake liners as decorations to match the theme/color/holiday/sentiment. (see photo below)   If you use a light colored cupcake liner, you can just write the cupcake flavor on the lid with a sharpie.    You can attach your business card and write the flavor/filling of the cupcake on the back of the card, then run the ribbon through the hole in the card and attach to the jar with the ribbon.

Sorry I don't have any of my pics to show you (loaned out my camera), but basically my photos look just like the images on google.  These cupcakes in a jar are almost impossible to mess up.

7e697dd04a028c8e3be2f0744674abdb.jpg

kpd1120 Posted 4 May 2015 , 8:30pm
post #11 of 11

sorry for the late respones! Apti gave you excellent answers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%