Flavor Combination

Baking By bakeforfun21 Updated 1 May 2015 , 6:09pm by peachofcake

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Apr 2015 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing cupcakes for my mom's coworkers daughters bay shower. Just simple cupcakes so I have all the time needed to do them. I want to do almond cupcakes with a raspberry filling and a less than american buttercream sweet white chocolate frosting. Do those flavors blend well together? What type of icing would you recommend for that flavor? I'm thinking swiss meringue or whipped?

9 replies
fdusing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fdusing Posted 1 May 2015 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 10

When is your shower?  I would make a sample batch and test them out.  It sounds wonderful, though.  Also I am a fan of whipped frosting more so than any other. HTH :)

peachofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachofcake Posted 1 May 2015 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 10

I just did a wedding cake with white almond sour cream cake filled with white chocolate rasperry filling and iced in fluffy american buttercream. It is a favorite. 

bakeforfun21 Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 10

Quote by @fdusing on 28 minutes ago

When is your shower?  I would make a sample batch and test them out.  It sounds wonderful, though.  Also I am a fan of whipped frosting more so than any other. HTH :)

It did. Thank you. I did a sample with the whipped topping and it was delicious. I have to try it again with less seedy raspberry and a less dense almond cake.

bakeforfun21 Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 10

Quote by @peachofcake on 8 minutes ago

I just did a wedding cake with white almond sour cream cake filled with white chocolate rasperry filling and iced in fluffy american buttercream. It is a favorite. 

Did you cook your white chocolate and raspberry together? That sounds fantastic!

peachofcake Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 10

The filling is 8oz cream cheese mixed with 1/2 sugar. Then add 1 small package of white chocolate instant pudding and 1tsp vanilla extract till combined. Last slowly add 1 1/2 cup whipping cream. I then fold in fresh raspberries. I use this filling a lot just substituting differnt extracts and puddings to change the filling flavor. You could use this as a filling and top with your buttercream and maybe ad a fresh rasperry on top for decoration.

peachofcake Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 10

Oops sorry that is 1/2 cup sugar

fdusing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fdusing Posted 1 May 2015 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 10

Can either of you deliver!?  My mouth is watering!!!

bakeforfun21 Posted 1 May 2015 , 6:05pm
post #9 of 10

Awesome. Thanks so much. I'm redoing the recipe on Sunday. I'm going to try this. She didn't really have a flavor request. She just wanted it to be Noah's Ark themed and I just love those three flavors.

Quote by @peachofcake on 31 minutes ago

The filling is 8oz cream cheese mixed with 1/2 sugar. Then add 1 small package of white chocolate instant pudding and 1tsp vanilla extract till combined. Last slowly add 1 1/2 cup whipping cream. I then fold in fresh raspberries. I use this filling a lot just substituting differnt extracts and puddings to change the filling flavor. You could use this as a filling and top with your buttercream and maybe ad a fresh rasperry on top for decoration.

peachofcake Posted 1 May 2015 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 10

Good luck. I am sure you will love it! Just FYI when I do my cakes this one and my lemon and my chocolate with cookies n cream are the most requested. My kids love the cookies and cream. It is the same recipe as above just replace the white chocolate pudding for cookies and cream. It is a larger box, so I just ad more whipping cream until it is the consistency I like. Oh yummy!! I am making this cake this week for my son. Just trying to figure out a good lemon and lavender cake for my daughters cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%