Decorating With Sugar Free Frosting?

Decorating By kitten1021 Updated 1 May 2015 , 3:45am by Happyfood

kitten1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitten1021 Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 4

I am planning to make cupcakes for a grad party the normal methods but I'm also going to make a grad cap cake and since some of the guests are diabetic I thought I'd make the cake sugar free. I plan to use pilsburys sugar free cake mix and frosting. My question is whether anyone has used pilsburys frosting to decorate like piping those little stars ect. I'm just worried if the pilsburys frosting is too soft or won't hold the shape if piped. I'd like to know if anyone's tried this and how it turned out then I can adjust my plans for decorating this cake accordingly. Thanks :)

3 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 4

would chocolate ganache be too sugary for a diabetic?

kitten1021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitten1021 Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 4

I'm not sure. I'll have to do a search for a recipe for ganache and check it out

Happyfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happyfood Posted 1 May 2015 , 3:45am
post #4 of 4

Can you make some sugar free cupcakes as an alternate choice for people?  Some people will not touch an artificial sweetener with a ten foot pole because they are sensitive to these chemicals.  Artificial sweeteners can cause big time gastric distress in some people who can not digest them. 

At any rate, you should let people know that the cake and frosting is made with artificial sweetener because someone who is sensitive to the sweetener could end up with a surprise of unpleasant side effects if they unknowingly eat the stuff.  I am sure you do not want your cake to be tied to this sort of memory.   Heck, my own sister is diabetic and she refuses to eat these artificial sweeteners.  She will eat a slice of regular cake and usually will have one bite of the frosting and leave the rest on the plate.  You can plan ahead if you are diabetic as it is the carbs that count and not necessarily the form they take.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%