Looking At Gallery Pictures?

Lounge By mariak Updated 18 May 2015 , 10:06pm by MinaBakes

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 25 Apr 2015 , 2:16am
post #1 of 8

I haven't been on CC in a while. Had a baby and just haven't had any free time. Now that I am back I am trying to get used to this new layout. I don't know if I am missing something but every time I try  to go to the galleries it just shows the newest cakes. Do they not have them separated into different categories like they used to? I hope I am just missing something because that would take forever looking through all those cakes! Thanks for any help with this.

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Apr 2015 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 8

y'know right now they must be doing something with it because i can't even find the search field but they did just update the gallery search thing -- but my understanding is it's not gonna be like before with categories -- now once they get it all finally upgraded it will be by tag words and you'll run searches rather than just page though categories -- pretty sure that's right --

the whole website has been placed on a whole new platform and from the initial change that took jackie days and days, i think a week to publish they have been doing tons of work on it to make it better and better and better -- so stay tuned never a dull moment getting better all the time --

nice to see you back

mariak Posted 27 Apr 2015 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 8

Okay, thanks so much!

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 8

Click on "Help" in the purple bar at the top of the page and report this to the owners. It looks like they are working on "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" method to fix the collosal number of problems with the site since they changed the platform. This forum is free to the user and "you get what you pay for." I don't hold out much hope it will ever recover.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 8

i think the purple banner and the search feature are under construction -- at least they are on my computer

mariak Posted 8 May 2015 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 8

I hope this is something they are going to change or "fix". I love looking through the different sections and just getting ideas. Sometimes I don't have a specific thing I am searching for so I don't have keywords. Even when I put in keywords it rings up so much that isn't even related to what I want. I don't have time for all of that.

BoozeBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoozeBabe Posted 18 May 2015 , 4:57am
post #7 of 8

I too am back after an absence due to lots of things.  None of them included baking.  Now I need to do a christening cake and need some inspiration and I can't find all those fantastic categories.  I hope they come back soon.

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 18 May 2015 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 8

I want to upload photos and am having the same issue. Can't find where to go for that now. I went to Help, but the tutorial is all with the old platform... no help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%