Please Help Me With Sunflower Cake

Decorating By firefightergirl Updated 23 Apr 2015 , 8:40am by bubs1stbirthday

firefightergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firefightergirl Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

Hello All!!!

I need some help. I am making a cake for my Grandmother's birthday this weekend. She LOVES sunflowers and that is one of the things she is known for. Would any of you be so kind to share some pictures of a sunflower cake you've made? It can be anything sunflower, any size just please share! The only thing I would like to stray away from is fondant. SO buttercream is what I would like to use :) Thanks!!!  

5 replies
ladyfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyfire Posted 22 Apr 2015 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 6

have you thought about using the yellow peeps as the outside edge? one of my family members posted it to my FB. Just an idea. 

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 4:41am
post #3 of 6

I did one years ago where I frosted a round cake and then placed oreos in random places on the cake and then piped yellow petals around the oreos so they looked like sunflowers all over. I also did a quick search for you too. HTH Buttercream Sunflower Cakes

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 5:55am
post #4 of 6
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 8:39am
post #5 of 6

922210K7w3_cupcakes-that-i-entered-into-our-local-country-show-the-first-time-i-have-entered-a-cake-show_900.jpg

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 23 Apr 2015 , 8:40am
post #6 of 6

Not sure why but I couldn't shrink that picture or write in the box with it either. This is a piped one (with practice you could certainly get the much better) and fairly easy to get right with a leaf tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%