Can I Freeze This?

Decorating By storestore Updated 16 Apr 2015 , 4:19pm by -K8memphis

storestore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
storestore Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 2

I made a horse head cake which is covered in modeling chocolate. Can this be frozen? Will it crack? The customer wanted it today but they are not eating it until Tuesday (5 days from now and I have been working on it for 2). Thanks!

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Apr 2015 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 2

well i'm irritated by this -- not by you -- for going forward this might help you unless it's for your aunt louise or your mom or something -- but if it's for a paying client  -- they get the specially made custom food item when it is fresh and ready as they ordered it -- they can house it from that time forward and take all the chances that go along with holding a highly perishable work of art their own selves -- 

what if you wanted to go our of town and wanted to make their cake 5 days in advance and let it sit there -- just saying --

i mean unless there was a serious tragedy or something most compelling -- but the birthday boy breaking his arm or getting the flu or something is not at the tragedy level in my book -- just sayin' --

but to answer your question - i would seal it up in a box and fridge it in a non smelly fridge

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%