Rose Gold Cake

Decorating By nikkineale Updated 28 Apr 2015 , 11:22pm by nikkineale

nikkineale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkineale Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 2:43am
post #1 of 12

Hi I have a client asking for a rose gold color cake.  I have figured out how to do the dot portion of the cake BUT now I am stuck on the Rose Gold color???  Any help would be great.  Oh did I mention it is eggless?  Since the bride has egg allergies. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/215046950931532792/

the dots are confetti right applied to the cake then painted?

Thanks

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 12

i haven't done this but i would start out testing a bunch of things --mix up some gold and some pink dusts and see what i could come up with -- and i would try spraying it too -- i'd try spraying it gold then dusting it pink and vice versa -- spraying it with liquids of pink and gold combos --

if you decide to color them after they are on the cake i would definitely not leave them white before i applied them to the cake so that if coverage was not 1000% it would not be noticeable -- like pink or gold --

i hope someone that has done this exact thing pipes up but there's some ideas in the meantime

best to you

k3lli3n Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k3lli3n Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 12

Hi!

They are confetti sprinkles! I just saw a video of this technique yesterday. I agree with K8memphis on spraying it or painting it with a brush once the confetti sprinkles are applied.

Kellien

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 12

where did you see the video, online somewhere perchance, k3lli3n?

and just curious -- do you pronounce your name kelly-ann or kell-yan or kell-i-en or how do you pronounce it? i like your number/name thing :)

signed

k8

k3lli3n Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 12

K8,

It's Kel-Lee-In

If you have instagram, I saw it on @cakesbyrc 

Kellien

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 12

oh cool you have a beautiful name

k3lli3n Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks so much, K8!

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 12

It is confetti sprinkles! Here's a tutorial on how its done:

k3lli3n Posted 11 Apr 2015 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 12

@SweetShop5 

Awesome, now I have to try it!

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 12:01am
post #10 of 12

Rather than painting the confetti after its on the cake, you can make your own pre-coloured confetti.  

You can use coloured gelatin dots (piped onto a non stick surface left overnight to dry) or make up some rose-gold cake lace into flat sheets and once dry make confetti using an icing tip or hole punch as your cutter.

Surely, there will be metallic rose-gold colours & cake lace mixtures already on the market, so you dont have to experiment mixing gold and pinks together?

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 12 Apr 2015 , 2:50am
post #11 of 12

I believe this method is taught in the Craftsy class "cakes in full bloom".  It's on sale right now.....

nikkineale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkineale Posted 28 Apr 2015 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 12

Thank to to everyone who posted. I did get the craftsy class and yes it is covered. I really was trying to get the rose gold color.  I have been playing with mixing colors.

Thx and I will post photo when finished 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%