Friday Night Cake Club For 4/3/15

Decorating By catlharper Updated 6 Apr 2015 , 2:04pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 2:32am
post #1 of 14

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work. ask for help or provide help if you can!

Cat

13 replies
catlharper Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 2:36am
post #2 of 14

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying your Easter Weekend. Not many plans here. Dinner with family is about it. We've had Spring Break here this week for our schools so our son has been on vacation. Since my hubby and I both telecommute it means we have all three been together all week..I'm going insane. LOL! 

My grandson's birthday dinner is next week and I'm making him a Lego Batman cake. I had to make the figure this week so it would have time to dry solidly. I wasn't even sure I could do it but I was pretty happy when I did! So the figure and the logo are drying out this week so I can place them on the actual cake next week.  Other than that I have some cookies to make for Sunday. 

Can't wait to see what you all show us tonight!

Cat

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 9:42am
post #3 of 14

Sounds like a fun cake Cat! I didn't have a busy week either, in fact, I didn't have any orders, so I decided to make some Easter cake pops for the family!

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3335636/easter-cake-pops

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 14

@SweetShop5  Those are adorable and I am in love with those carrots!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 14

I didn't take many orders as it's Easter holidays and we are spending the weekend away. Tomorrow big Easter egg hunt

julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 14

Half of my post is gone...typing again - on my phone since my computer is at home - for the gazillions' time

julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 14

Unfortunately it seems like I can't enter any links to my gallery... Sorry, but will try next week again. Enjoy Easter everyone! http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3334469/barbie-cake

julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 14

Okay, now it worked...So, that was a Barbie cake. First one in a long while. The mother wanted it to serve 8 people, lol. Took me some time to explain why that's not possible. http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3334964/schwarzwalder-kirchtorte This one is a 6" schwarzwälder kirschtorte. So yummy... My favorite!

julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 14

And these are cupcakes I made for a friend's birthday: http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3335058/cupcakes Half were chocolate cupcakes, filled with homemade butterscotch and butterscotch Swiss meringue buttercream and caramel toppers. The other half were vanilla cupcakes with strawberry smbc and fresh strawberries on top.

catlharper Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 4:40pm
post #10 of 14

@SweetShop5  I am in LOVE with your cake pops! They have got to be the cutest I have EVER seen! I can't pick which style I like the best since I love them all!

@julia1812  Your Barbie cake is perfection! Simple dress but the butterflies give it style! I know quite a few "pink" girls who would be overjoyed to see that on their tables! The kirchtorte looks amazing. I bet it tastes amazing too. I had a piece when I was in Bavaria and oooooooo SO good!  I do have a question about your cupcakes...is that caramel drizzled on the top of some of them? Did you let it go very hard before placing it on top??? Trying to figure out how you did that! LOL!

Cat

julia1812 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 7:40pm
post #11 of 14

Lol, actually I was a bit indecisive about what I wanted! I drizzled some butterscotch over the smbc but then thought they look too boring. So I made caramel, quick zigzag design...burned the first batch completely as I stupidly answered my phone...and had to make a new batch. So I could call them sugar over load cupcakes, haha! And yes, it's the proper caramel, which hardens in seconds. But I sort of leaned them against the swirl because when I placed them in upright, I couldn't close the lid of the cupcake box. Oioioi, nobody noticed anyway

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 8:43pm
post #12 of 14

Thank you @catlharper  and @Pastrybaglady  !

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 4:25am
post #13 of 14

This is my new Inside Out Easter Egg.  I baked colorful batters inside egg shells and sealed the hole at the bottom with melted chocolate.  You crack open the eggs like you would a hard boiled egg and out comes the egg shaped cake.  It was a hit with the family.

Q4jEm9WSGS-inside-out-easter-egg_900.jpg

S5OjynoJ9B-inside-out-easter-egg_900.jpg

catlharper Posted 6 Apr 2015 , 2:04pm
post #14 of 14

The real trick seems to be not shattering the shell in the first place! Cool idea @Pastrybaglady  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%