Seeking Quality Parchment Rounds

Baking By B-Line Updated 4 Apr 2015 , 3:06pm by leah_s

B-Line Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B-Line Posted 3 Apr 2015 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

I usually cut my own rounds from parchment paper because buying rounds is fairly expensive.   But lately after looking at how much waste I'm throwing away, I'm starting to wonder if that's really true.  So I started looking for precut rounds.

Right now I'm seeking 8" and 10" rounds to try it, but may look at 6" and other sizes in the future.

I usually use thick paper that's coated (silicone?)  I buy my half sheet parchments from King Arthur because I can reuse them over ad over with no issues.  So I'd like something of that quality.  Reviews I'm reading on almost all the rounds I've found is that they're thin and absorb oil, which I don't want. 

Do any of you have any recommendations for a good brand that's not insanely expensive?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Apr 2015 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 3

well i bought the big box of full sheet pan size parchments 1,000 i think for $40 -- i love them -- i've always cut out my own circles and squares and etc.

BUT before that i bought one of these really cool re-useable thin rather flexible but still kinda stiff -- brown silicone liners and i really loved it -- it was $8 wholesale from ck kitchen in indiana -- but when i made tea rings and you cut the dough -- i cut the liner... twice --- heheheheh - oh it hurt!

then i still used it for a long time and finally got weary of the poor thing and threw it out -- stupid stupid stupid -- i could have lined my oven with it or cut smaller pieces out of it -- still mad at myself for being dumb -- i've never seen them anywhere else and i don't know if they still carry them but it would work like crazy if you can find it --

but also someone on here told me not to cut silicone mats too so... but it seems like there are some with fibers inside that should not be cut but others are just all silicone and cut-able? idk

in fact i saw some for sale on qvc and they (qvc) said they could be cut but when you look it up elsewhere online it says no don't cut them so there's that conundrum too --

happy hunting

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2015 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 3

I bought cases parchment rounds when I was doing this full time.  They're just pennies each.  So easy and time saving.  Unfortunately I still have a lot of them . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%