It's April Fools Day. And Bakers Make Mistakes.

Baking By leah_s Updated 1 Apr 2015 , 6:21pm by leah_s

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 6

oh lordy...

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 6

Hahaha, I wish I would have known! I could have contributed a picture too. Was making caramel when my phone started ringing... Ya! What I found left in the pot after fighting my way back in the kitchen (smoke thick like hell) was a hugh black mountain volcano. Stupid, will probably be one of these people running back in the house three times before going to anywhere to check if the cooker is REALLY off, lol!!!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 6

Hmmmm..... just last week

If I only had pictures.   [insert Marlon Brando voiceover]  "I coulda been a contendah"

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 6

I would never have taken pictures but I made a slap together banana cake for my family.  Since it was not a showpiece I just slapped the sloppy frosting all over it and put it in the fridge to firm up.  The fridge was quite full so I made some space at the top AT AN ANGLE.  When I went back to the fridge of course the cake slid down the front leaving an icing trail all the way down the front shelves and drawers.  I have never seen a disaster quite like that.  My kids and the cousins just laughed and laughed...

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Apr 2015 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

Oh, Julia1812, I'm right there with you on burning a pot of caramel.  Only I did it in class in culinary school.  Walked away, got involved in something else, when somebody shouts, "Hey, somebody's pot is burning!"

Yeah, that was embarrassing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%