Best Shoe Kit?

Sugar Work By Claire138 Updated 31 Mar 2015 , 6:18am by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 7

I've made plenty of shoes but in the interest of expediency I'd love to buy a shoe kit, does anyone have any recommendations for a good one? I've looked online but can't find one that has excellent reviews so if any of you know of one that they use and are happy with I'd love to know. Thanks

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

clueless -- i've made my own as well 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 7

and come to think of it i've used a few kits too but they are so specific -- baby booties and a high heel but i'd rather make my own

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 7

Are you trying to make a high heel shoe? If so this kit works really well:

http://www.nycake.com/StilletoHighHeelShoeKit.aspx

Claire138 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks K8 (I'm just looking to work the shoes a bit faster rather than sizing etc which I find takes a while even though I've done it many times) & HamSquad that is the one I found online but it doesn't have that great reviews on Amazon. People there complain that the only bit worth anything is the stiletto mold bc the other bits are all polystyrene and as it's pretty expensive just for that I was hoping there was a better option out there.

TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 7

Not sure what kind of shoe you are looking for but I have used a couple of different ones from the following:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/searchresults.aspx?description=shoe%20kit

The sports shoes was my favorite but the baby bootie came out darling.  I am not an expert so not sure what gets a kit a good rating.  Shoes are time consuming any way you look at it.

Claire138 Posted 31 Mar 2015 , 6:18am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the link TheresaCarol, I'll look into that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%