Contracts For Every Cake??

Business By tessholly1 Updated 30 Mar 2015 , 6:59pm by johnson6ofus

tessholly1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tessholly1 Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 10:18am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I am in the early stages of starting my business and already use contracts/invoice forms for wedding cake orders but I was wondering, does anybody use some kind of form or contract for EVERY cake order so birthday cakes, cupcakes , cake pops etc? I'm trying to make sure that I start as I mean to go on wi being organised so that my clients and I know exactly where we stand and that were all on the same page with the design and payment etc.

TIA :)

3 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 11:53am
post #2 of 4

I would use some sort of form or contract for every specially ordered cake, cupcake, etc...

That way you have all the details in writing and agreed upon...

Less chance of either party not knowing what is going on that way...

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 4

I use CakeBoss Cloud, so....

Anything that I do that is custom designed or a large order (i.e. Weddings, showers, or corporate parties), I use both the CakeBoss-generated invoice and a cake contract.  If it's one of my "standard cakes", something that's baked & decorated the same no matter the client, I use the CakeBoss invoice, with all the details that are specific to that order in the Notes section.  That's where I put all of the decorating notes (inscriptions, additional decorations, etc.), delivery information, whether or not they paid me already, whatever.

And I send both the invoice or invoice-and-contract to the client before I even start shopping for supplies.  Like AAtKT says, I make sure everything is in writing, and everything is agreed to before I do anything.  It's very common to get a long detailed email from me confirming everything.  Less headaches then, for everyone involved.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Mar 2015 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 4

YUP... in writing. It avoids misunderstandings. It's not like you can sell the cake to the next person who "walks in", like a store front bakery. Miscommunications cost YOU money and aggravation. Anything you can do to avoid that is important.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%