Heat And Fondant

Decorating By Rosita0547 Updated 13 Mar 2015 , 2:39am by Rosita0547

Rosita0547 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosita0547 Posted 12 Mar 2015 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 3

HI, I am in need of some advise! I live in Florida were the humirity now is already over 60% in my work area, I heard someone mention here that they use a dehumitifier, can anyone advise me on what is the one to buy.  and i it really helps. I was so loving our cooler month and now back to heat and high humirity, nooooooo lol

2 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 12 Mar 2015 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 3

I live in Florida and use a dehumidifier.   You do not need to spend a lot of money just make sure that it is just a dehumidifier you do not need an air purifier.  I have a room in my house that I use for the cake decorating so make sure you have the area you wish to dehumidify (in square feet) and purchase one that will do that area.  They give off some heat but you will feel the difference in the room and of course you will see the bucket full of water that it has pulled out of the room.  The fondant and crusting buttercream love it.

Rosita0547 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosita0547 Posted 13 Mar 2015 , 2:39am
post #3 of 3

Thank you ropalma, I will definatly go shopping for one this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%