Need To Make 80 Disco Ball Cupcakes And Need Help With Amount Of Fondant, Luster Dust, Extract

Decorating By CathyPec Updated 10 Mar 2015 , 5:06pm by Dayti

CathyPec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CathyPec Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hello!  I need to make 80 disco ball cupcakes and need help estimating amounts and cost.  I am hoping 2, 5lb boxes of white rolled fondant would be enough to make approx 15,  1/2 " fondant squares for each cupcake (approx 3200 squares). Then I need the lemon extract and silver luster dust.  was hoping someone could help with estimating how much I need.   Thanks in advance!! 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 3

15 X 80 = 1200 so i just saved you 2,000 squares i think --

i'm sure 10# of fondant is plenty -- i'd think you'll have a lot leftover --

be sure you get edible silver dust --

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 3

Rather than cut out squares, I would search for a textured rolling pin or mat that gives you a grid pattern. It will save you sooo much work. The cut the circles out once textured. If you let the fondant set up a while on the bench you should be able to apply it to the cupcake without deforming the squares (much). I use 15g of fondant for a cupcake, when I make a dome of buttercream which the fondant sits on. If you are just doing a scrape of BC and a flat fondant disc, you will need less fondant. 15g x 80 cupcakes = 1.2kg = 2.6lbs. Buy a little extra to make things easier on yourself, but 10lbs is a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%