Welcome To The Updated Cake Central Experience!

Lounge By Heath Updated 21 Jul 2016 , 9:39am by -K8memphis

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 10:55am
post #31 of 285

Lizzy I can't find the uk thread! I saw it briefly before I had to change my password to log in but now I can't find it!

this is really not mobile friendly is it?!

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:11pm
post #32 of 285

Not exactly Maisie, no! I do most of my stuff on my phone - I think you do too? - and is just hard hard work. And no, I can't find the flipping thread either since the subsribed threads link seems to have disappeared too. 

Another gripe  - you can't click 'last post' when you want to view a thread, you have to go to the first post, scroll down all  the way then go by page. It's so mobile unfriendly it's just ridiculous. 

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:26pm
post #33 of 285

I am getting used to the forum already, but I had to delete all my messages in box because when I tried to mark them all read , it marked them all unread instead.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:29pm
post #34 of 285

I love this new version, now when we click, we can see all the cakes posted displayed on the same page, well done guys.

tracydoome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracydoome Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:30pm
post #35 of 285

The menu dropdown items don't work on my mobile device and I am using standard chrome with android. I also don't have the option to view the desktop version anymore so I can't see any pictures posted within a category. Some this is the main reason i use the site, this makes CC no longer useful on my mobile device. Any way I'm missing option to view the desktop version like you had before?

Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:35pm
post #36 of 285

I think this is the same as the desktop site? I could be completely wrong, but there's no 'm'  or 'mobile' preface to the url, so I reckon it's going to the same place. 

It's just an educated guess though. 

CynthiaBer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CynthiaBer Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:35pm
post #37 of 285

I am really happy with the new website. Before I tried logging in, and every time I did that, I could not look at the website for a week so I gave up. Now after the update I finally can log in

Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:41pm
post #38 of 285

OK, a plus! I do like that we have the same access on our profiles now that we only had before on the desktop version, that's useful.

Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 12:45pm
post #39 of 285

I've also figured out the notifications issue I think - you have to be uber precise. A fraction too high when clicking on notifications and you go straight to the front page,or to the main menu when you want your profile. Again, not great considering everything is small on a mobile so being that precise is a pita, but at least I can work it if I'm careful!

Still not use friendly  though. 

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 4:11pm
post #40 of 285

I have just got back on CC and I like the new look so far.  Right now my biggest problem seems to be the light gray font on the white background that the new forums use.  The name (in teal) is very easy to read, but the gray text on the white background is really hard to read.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 4:15pm
post #41 of 285

unable to see ANY PAST COMMENTS...not on photos that I've favorited, nor on photos in my gallery that others have favorite...??? problem has been submitted under HELP function.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:03pm
post #42 of 285

I really like the new look, I never took to the huddler one which is probably one of the reasons I posted so little. Only thing I'm having an issue with is there are no longer any comments on my pictures, keep getting email notifications to threads even though I've deselected the tick box in settings and it says I have unread pm's and I've read them years ago.

SugaredSaffron Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:05pm
post #43 of 285

Yup, every box is un-ticked and I'm getting multiple emails every few minutes.

cakedaysdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedaysdesigns Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:25pm
post #44 of 285

So I usually post on the UK Baking forum which is about a thousand pages long.  Just posted (having only just found it) and it takes me back to page 1!  So you have to go find the end of the thread again (as the beginning began in 2009!).  

I have also had to rejoin with a different name as I couldn't get my password to work.

I am scared to check my emails now....... 

SugaredSaffron Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:30pm
post #45 of 285

Okay the emails have stopped for me now.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:31pm
post #46 of 285

Quote by @SugaredSaffron on 21 minutes ago

Yup, every box is un-ticked and I'm getting multiple emails every few minutes.

SugaredSaffron, we had a backlog of emails queued up on the servers today so that may be why you were still getting emails this morning, even after updating your settings to turn them off.  Now that your settings have been updated please let me know if you are still getting emails.  

Quote by @cupadeecakes on 1 hour ago

I have just got back on CC and I like the new look so far.  Right now my biggest problem seems to be the light gray font on the white background that the new forums use.  The name (in teal) is very easy to read, but the gray text on the white background is really hard to read.

Cupadeecakes, thanks for letting me know! The font color has been darkened significantly, so it should be much easier to read now.

As you can see now, you can now quote a post.  Just select "quote" from the "Actions" dropdown on a post.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:57pm
post #47 of 285

What's the improvement on 'favorites' --- can we search by category/item within our favorites?

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 8:20pm
post #48 of 285

Quote by @Lizzybug78 on 10 hours ago

• Message notification is still saying I have four unread messages. 

Quote by @Natka81 on 7 hours ago

I am getting used to the forum already, but I had to delete all my messages in box because when I tried to mark them all read , it marked them all unread instead.

Both of these problems wit Messages should be fixed now. Your unread message count should be accurate now, and you should be able to mark messages as read/unread from your inbox.

http://cakecentral.com/messages

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 10:54pm
post #49 of 285

oh no worries -- thanks for all that you all do with special appreciation to JACKIE

thank you, jackie, for the hard work to provide the new format -- i like the blue and purple -- i'm looking forward to getting to learn all the new things going on here -- can't imagine what it took to accomplish -- brava brava to you!

Quote by @Heath on 1 day ago

We apologize for the unexpected week of downtime.

Jackie has worked tirelessly to rebuild the entire site all by herself.  I think she has slept 10 hours in the last 4 days alone!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 4:15am
post #50 of 285

The backwards date thing is weird.   the dates giving the year first are distracting.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 4:47am
post #51 of 285

the dates giving the day of the month first are also weird,  guess seeing the month - day - year for a lifetime makes it  so.

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 6:34am
post #52 of 285

Okay, I have some feedback here....one, why are the avatars so prominent on the main forum page? It seems odd, as well as taking up unnecessary space. Second, why have the page numbers gone away? There is a thread with over 60 posts, and you can still only click on the main title of the thread instead of having the little page numbers below it to click on to jump directly to a certain page. Also, there is no icon to click on if you want to jump to your first unread post. It's quite annoying to have to re-find where you left off every time there's a new post. I'm not seeing a  clear indicator that there IS a new post, either....used to be the little icon thing was a different color so you could easily see at a glance which threads were updated.

Overall, it's just a bit confusing to even sort out what's what, since it's so different than any other forum/message board I've ever been on.  The above issues are what stand out as frustrating to me, if those are in the process of being taken care of though, the overall LOOK of the site is nice. Just it's not very user friendly or practical in some ways, in my opinion.

Thanks for all your work though! I don't want to come across as whiny and ungrateful. :)

SugaredSaffron Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 7:01am
post #53 of 285

Thanks @Jackie  , the emails have stopped and I much prefer this look to the old one. Thank you!

Lizzybug78 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 8:29am
post #54 of 285

Lol, as someone from the UK it's lovely to have it like that :) 

Quote by @MBalaska on 3 hours ago

the dates giving the day of the month first are also weird,  guess seeing the month - day - year for a lifetime makes it  so.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 1:47pm
post #55 of 285

Jackie or Heath, love your site and appreciate all you do.  First of all I have over 90 emails from CC on the UK thread which I have never posted on.  Second, I absolutely love the fact that I can save pics of my favorite cakes but they are nowhere to be found.  Help

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 3:06pm
post #56 of 285

Quote by @justdesserts on 8 hours ago

Okay, I have some feedback here....one, why are the avatars so prominent on the main forum page? It seems odd, as well as taking up unnecessary space. Second, why have the page numbers gone away? There is a thread with over 60 posts, and you can still only click on the main title of the thread instead of having the little page numbers below it to click on to jump directly to a certain page. Also, there is no icon to click on if you want to jump to your first unread post. It's quite annoying to have to re-find where you left off every time there's a new post. I'm not seeing a  clear indicator that there IS a new post, either....used to be the little icon thing was a different color so you could easily see at a glance which threads were updated.

Overall, it's just a bit confusing to even sort out what's what, since it's so different than any other forum/message board I've ever been on.  The above issues are what stand out as frustrating to me, if those are in the process of being taken care of though, the overall LOOK of the site is nice. Just it's not very user friendly or practical in some ways, in my opinion.

Thanks for all your work though! I don't want to come across as whiny and ungrateful. :)

Thank you for all tht detailed feedback, it is VERY helpful.  I know Jackie worked on a lot of updates yesterday, but everything you mentioned here makes a lot of sense and we will definitely look to address those items as a priority.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 3:09pm
post #57 of 285

Quote by @Cookie4 on 1 hour ago

Jackie or Heath, love your site and appreciate all you do.  First of all I have over 90 emails from CC on the UK thread which I have never posted on.  Second, I absolutely love the fact that I can save pics of my favorite cakes but they are nowhere to be found.  Help

@Cookie4  Jackie spent most of yesterday sorting out the email notifications issue.  Please let us know if you continue to get notifications that you should not.

You should be able to access your favorite photos.  Click on your name at the upper right of the screen.  A menu drops down and one of the choices is MY FAVORITES.  Please let us know if your favorites are not showing up there.  Please use the HELP link in the main navigation to report a bug.

swishykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swishykitty Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 4:18am
post #58 of 285

Interesting, any comments that were associated with pictures I have posted are now gone?!

Granted, there were not that many.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 3:30am
post #59 of 285

Maybe sending private messages has been repaired, but CC says I have 21 unread messages. I have NO unread messages and many are triplicates. I've tried marking them as read, deleting them, moving them to a folder, and nothing works. I've reported this in the Help tab, but this hasn't been fixed.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 3:20pm
post #60 of 285

Hi Heath:  I'm still getting emails from the UK Bakers thread.  The latest was 4 hours ago.  Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%