Pastry Ideale Gold Dust Reviews?

Decorating By taartenmaker Updated 26 Feb 2015 , 4:49pm by Dayti

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 1:28pm
post #31 of 35

Holy cow...This is semi-related to this topic, but I've been experimenting with making edible glitter. This is a piece that I just took out of the oven. I'm going to make a video this afternoon about this because this is totally edible and uses the FDA approved Crystal Colors luster dusts plus a "secret" ingredient that's so obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it before now. :party:  https://www.facebook.com/acaketoremember/photos/a.396305613670.174792.92855088670/10152703445673671/?type=1&theater

Victoria M Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Victoria M Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 2:01pm
post #32 of 35

Ooh, that's so pretty!  You don't even need to crumble it up into glitter - it would look gorgeous as it is stuck on the side of a cake with some pinks too :D.  Looking forward to watching your video.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us all!  I wonder what the "secret" ingredient could be... sugar? gum arabic? gelatine?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 3:46pm
post #33 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victoria M 

Ooh, that's so pretty!  You don't even need to crumble it up into glitter - it would look gorgeous as it is stuck on the side of a cake with some pinks too :D.  Looking forward to watching your video.  Thank you so much for sharing this with us all!  I wonder what the "secret" ingredient could be... sugar? gum arabic? gelatine?

It's so stupidly obvious you'll be surprised...I don't know why I didn't think of it until last night, but I've had a head cold so my thought process has been severely simplified the last couple of days. Sometimes I overthink things...

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 4:47pm
post #34 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

I wouldn't put it in anything that you can pipe, because that's going to be eaten. Too tricky.

Yes, I would only pipe it on stuff that would be removed from the cake. 

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 4:49pm
post #35 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

It's so stupidly obvious you'll be surprised...I don't know why I didn't think of it until last night, but I've had a head cold so my thought process has been severely simplified the last couple of days. Sometimes I overthink things...

Can't wait to see your vid. If it's none of the above, then I though it might be egg white but then it looks a bit thicker than dried egg white would...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%