How Do I Save My Burnt Apple Crisp? Help

Decorating By sabash Updated 21 Feb 2015 , 9:30pm by -K8memphis

sabash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabash Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 8

I literally put the oven on broil for the last 3 minutes and burnt the crisp :(( Peeled off the top layer and now it looks fine but i know the ratios are all wrong.:(
how can I rescue it? Is there a way I can make more of the crisp and layer it on top? Hosting a dinner for my entire family tomorrow and this is the last thing I needed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

7 replies
kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 8

Anytime I screw something up, I just crumble it all up and layer it appropriately in a trifle bowl, pretending that trifles are all the rage. ;)

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 8

Could you assemble another crisp top and bake on parchment and then carefully slide onto the apple?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 8

Or make spiced nuts, then crumble over the top. Or drizzle with caramel topping or a string icing. Or serve a la mode. If the apples are cooked and taste fine, probably no one will care what's on top.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 8

you can bake off another topping and just crumble it over the top -- adhere it with a tad bit of glaze (water + confectioner's sugar + lemon if you want to tamp down the sweet factor)

but i love all the previous ideas -- i think i'm just hungry -- hahaha

-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 8

or you could bake off a pastry dough lattice top for it too -- or get your cookie cutters and cut out some cool shapes, leaves, little flowers, make some paint with egg and food color and deck out your new decor -- bake & apply --

but my streusel topping is straight out of betty crocker -- 1 part butter 1 part brown sugar 2 parts flour and just combine till it starts lumping together in lovely streusely blobs -- mmm love that stuff -- bake it off separately and crumble on top --

tons of ways to go on this one -- you got this

sabash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabash Posted 21 Feb 2015 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 8

You guys are the best!

I peeled the burnt crumble off and baked another one. Layered it on top and and everyone raved about it!!! :-D  No one could tell the difference!

Thanks all xxx

-K8memphis Posted 21 Feb 2015 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 8

was wondering about you -- yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%