First Complaint... Advice How To Proceed Please.

Business By kvand Updated 6 Mar 2015 , 5:27pm by Mybearsbaby

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 11:19am
post #31 of 33

You can bake my next wedding cake ( LOL)  and I will pay you what you deserve….that cake is beautiful!!

As Mimi said, stop giving discounts!  Top executives in the corporate world will say if you don't charge what you are worth you are lowering your standards of marketing and what you are worth, so people will think they are literally getting what they pay for, low price equalling low quality.  HIgh price=high quality.  Expectations and perception, not always reality.

Tell Mis. Dry Mouth what you said to us…..  ". I always want people to be happy with the product they are receiving however I am confident the quality of this was excellent but can't account for what happened after cutting and trying a cake many hours after it was cut."

All set!

As for her statement:  "not what I would have expected for the price."  You reply, "Not what I would have expected for a fellow human being."

I find that scratch cakes are more dense to the palate than those from a mix.  My own mother tells me my scratch cake (which is quite good…) is dry and she likes the mix…

LOL

Some Americans are weirdos when it comes to tasting food…as an American I can say this, I love Kraft ma- n-cheese and slice and bake cookie dough.  Go figure.  :D 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2015 , 4:36pm
post #32 of 33

idk -- maybe if you add oil to butter and combine it to change the nature of the butter it would help but adding them independently probably would not make a difference --

glad everything worked out well for you

Mybearsbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mybearsbaby Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:27pm
post #33 of 33

Quote by leah_s on 15 Feb 2015 , 8:34am

A"I trim each layer of my cakes, which gives me a chance to taste test every cake. Its part of my commitment to quality control. I also only bake from scratch which pleases sophisticated palates such and yours and your daughter's However, scratch cakes can be more sensitive to having their cut edges being exposed to air. Perhaps the cake sat uncovered for a bit too long. I appreciate your business and want yo reiterate that I gave you a $xxx dollar discount on your cake so that your daughter could have her dream cake and stay within her budget. I wish the newlyweds many years of happiness."

I love this wording! I may borrow it ;) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%