How Many Products?

Business By TheItalianBaker Updated 13 Feb 2015 , 1:24pm by TheItalianBaker

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 3:32am
post #1 of 8

AHello everybody!! I booked a booth at the Chocolate and Coffee festival in ABQ, New Mexico. It's going to be only 2 days and last year they got 17000 visitors. I have to have samples of a product (they suggest 1000 per day). the booth is 10x10 and the table is 6

I think I'm gonna make: French macarons 6and12 pack (or 5/10 it depends on the box I can find) sugar cookies cake pops/bites some decorated easter egg

What do you all think? Do I need more items? also, my biggest problem is, how many of each item? It's a very large event, I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of products!

thanks

7 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 8

AThat is a tricky question... Had the same problem recently. Do you have a shop where you could sell left overs later? Are these products you normally sell and if so, how popular are they? Have you spoken to other vendors which have attended the event last year? Is your booth 10x10 metre or feet? Guess it's last since you are worried about space, right?

TheItalianBaker Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 8

AThanks for ur answer!! So I starterd as home based, in November I bought a pre existing wholesale bakery. I sell to grocery stores, coffee shops and so on.. But not these products. I also work with hotels but, let's say I have 200 French macarons left.. I don't think I'll sell them easly..

TheItalianBaker Posted 12 Feb 2015 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 8

AAnd yes, I meant feet!

julia1812 Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 5:20am
post #5 of 8

AHmm, but those are your best sellers, right? If you go to promote your business then it might not matter too much if you have some left overs. You could freeze the cake pops and cookies also stay well for a while. It's always a risk and a guessing game, even if you would go there every year. I would stick to what they told you, 1000 pcs and maybe have some extras for the next day (just in case, you don't want to go empty handed because you sold out

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheItalianBaker 

I have to have samples of a product (they suggest 1000 per day).

Please clarify. You are expected to give away samples and they suggest 1000 pieces for giving out? And you also will be selling products?

julia1812 Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 8

AGood point, Mimifix. I actually thought she means 1000 samples to sell rather than free give away!!!

TheItalianBaker Posted 13 Feb 2015 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 8

A1000 samples to give away, just one type of product (i was thinking about mini sugar cookies because they cost me less than the rest), plus products to sell! For example, I could bring 50 packages of 5macarons and 15 of 10 and keep more on the freezer at the bakery if I need more for the next day..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%